TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

cell phone numbers go public this month

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

cell phone numbers go public this month Empty
PostSubject: cell phone numbers go public this month   cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:49 am

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month. REMINDER..... All cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

.... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time.. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: cell phone numbers go public this month   cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:03 pm

wrong..

if you got this info via a email, its a hoax.. one that is several years old....

its still illegal for telemarketers to call a cell number...

if you want to register your number(s) on the do not call registry - follow the link below:

https://www.donotcall.gov/

(ahh the internet, scarring the misinformed for a decade now) Smile
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

PostSubject: Re: cell phone numbers go public this month   cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Back to top Go down
SiN110022

SiN110022

PostSubject: Re: cell phone numbers go public this month   cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 6:39 pm

can you tell me why the fuck i'm getting calls from las vegas nevada asking me if i'm happy with my Canadian credit rating?
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

PostSubject: Re: cell phone numbers go public this month   cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:17 pm

SiN110022 wrote:
can you tell me why the fuck i'm getting calls from las vegas nevada asking me if i'm happy with my Canadian credit rating?

Oh, that's just me when I'm bored and have been drinking.
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: cell phone numbers go public this month   cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:02 pm

alpha-1 wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

You may be one of many consumers who have received emails saying you’re about to be assaulted by unwanted telemarketing calls to your wireless phone. Rest assured that placing telemarketing calls to wireless phones is -- and always has been -- illegal in most cases.

it is unlawful for any person to make any call (other than a call made for emergency purposes or made with express prior consent) using any automatic telephone dialing system or any artificial or prerecorded voice message to any telephone number assigned to a paging service, mobile telephone service or any service for which the called party is charged for the call. This prohibition applies regardless of whether the number is listed on the national Do-Not-Call list.

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/truth-about-wireless-phones-and-national-do-not-call-list
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cell phone numbers go public this month   cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:42 am

oh, and do not call lists (in Canada anyway) are optional. In other words, the list is given to the telemarketers and they can choose not to call them. Ya right. They see it as a list of active phone numbers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cell phone numbers go public this month   cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:19 am

im just saying just because there is a law doesn't mean they will stop.. 3 years ago i changed my cell number for this very reason
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: cell phone numbers go public this month   cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:50 am

maybe Cali is different then - i've never gotten a telemarketer call on my cell number..

home number, yes- even though i've been on this no call list for years..

but i just simply tell the asshole on the phone, my number is listed on the do not call.. dont call me again.. i get their name or operator id for reference in case they call again..

needless to say i have filed a few complaints over the years... Smile
but the reality - i havent gotten a tele'Y call in a long time..
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

PostSubject: Re: cell phone numbers go public this month   cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 9:09 pm

I've gotten telemarketer calls on my cell. It's my only number and that may be part of the reason why, but it HAS happened. Some people get marketing txt messages, too. Signing up for the DNC or telling them to take you off the list when the telemarketer calls will do the trick. If they continue to call, I believe that's considered harassment and is illegal...at least with creditors it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cell phone numbers go public this month   cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:13 am

I win free cruises almost every week. I'm a lucky person!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cell phone numbers go public this month   cell phone numbers go public this month Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cell phone numbers go public this month
Page 1 of 1