TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
i wanna make my game run smoother Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
i wanna make my game run smoother Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
i wanna make my game run smoother Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
i wanna make my game run smoother Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
i wanna make my game run smoother Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

i wanna make my game run smoother

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Kilo

Mr.Kilo

i wanna make my game run smoother Empty
PostSubject: i wanna make my game run smoother   i wanna make my game run smoother Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:39 pm

help
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: i wanna make my game run smoother   i wanna make my game run smoother Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:21 pm

How about post your computer specs so we can see what we can do to help.
Alright, the best thing to do is follow my link a few posts down. The tweak guide one. You go to your C:\Documents and Settings\your personal folder here\My Documents\id Software\Enemy Territory - QUAKE Wars\sdnet\your character name folder here. Open up the file autoexec.cfg with notepad, I always unselect always use this progam blah blah.
Here's my basic tweaks:
g_skipIntro "1" // Skips the intro

// Network settings
net_clientLagOMeter 1

// Unlock Methods and Tuning Tips
seta com_unlockFPS 1 //When this is set to 0, the ET:QW engine is effectively locked to a 30FPS maximum to help maintain smoothness
seta com_unlock_timingMethod 0 // 0 completely frees up system to provide the highest possible FPS, but in return you may experience FPS spikes and jerky gameplay.(from tweakguides.com)
seta com_unlock_maxFPS 120
seta com_showFPS 0 //set this to 1 while testing out settings and watch FPS

// Graphical Quality
seta r_megaDrawMethod 0 //0 is the same as High, a value of 3 is the same as Normal
seta r_visDistMult 1.2 //Determines the maximum visible viewing distance in the game

//[Dual/Multi-Core Tweaks
seta r_useThreadedRenderer 2 //add if you have multi core cpu

Last edited by Cloister_the_Stupid on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: i wanna make my game run smoother   i wanna make my game run smoother Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 2:33 am

I downloaded FRAPS to check framerates, cause the in game one refreshes so quickly that it's hard to see exactly. Well holy crap! I was capped out at 75 fps all this time Shocked Read the ReadMe for fraps and found out with vsync being enabled, I was limiting myself, such a retard geek Had it enabled I think for tearing or something like that. Disabled it now I get well over 100 depending on area. So, if your's is on. Shut it off! Also changed a number in above in red
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kilo

Mr.Kilo

PostSubject: Re: i wanna make my game run smoother   i wanna make my game run smoother Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:29 pm

couldn't find the folder .. get on vent sometime!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i wanna make my game run smoother   i wanna make my game run smoother Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i wanna make my game run smoother
Page 1 of 1