TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

Helpful Hints

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Helpful Hints Empty
PostSubject: Helpful Hints   Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:51 pm

Figured it's about time to start a thread about helpful little hints people may have.

Things like double stacking med crates. As in one on top of the other, people will replenish health and ammo twice as fast so that cuts down on time away from the objective. Probably not a good idea if you are the only medic as both crates can be taken out at once, but if there are others.. I find it a much more efficient method.

Or on the third objective of Volcano as Strogg, immediately inside the entrance of the building (the portion that is exposed to the outside) teleporting up on top of those water heater looking things. Very rarely does anybody find you, much better than leaving your body out to be taken out!
Back to top Go down

Helpful Hints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpful Hints   Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Suicide taps for construct and hack objectives:

If the clock is running close to reset on a hack or construct objective, have ONE teammate go in for the suicide tap, with another trailing 2-3 seconds behind (best if from an opposite side or direction). Don't get everyone to rush in as the opposing force is surrounding the objective ready. As the suicide tapper moves in, everyone normally circles around or rushes to that position for the kill. This is the time for the trailing player to come in to get the tap. Gotta coordinate this one using VOIP or vent.

If your the only one constructing or hacking, have someone else rush in first.
Back to top Go down

Helpful Hints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpful Hints   Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:35 am

I am ready to see something on here regarding flying and use of the blaster/pistol...
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Helpful Hints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpful Hints   Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:27 am

Haha well I can't tell you too much about flying. But as far as blasters go there are a few things to remember..

1. It is a short range weapon, so before you start trying to mix it up with someone with a gpmg or ar, you're going to want to make sure you are in close proximity. Think of it as a long knife. It's only at close range that its devastating power is realized to its best advantage.

2. Train your trigger finger. You can only get 4-5 shots off in quick succession before it overheats (fatal if you face multiple adversaries), but if you slow down your firing a bit you can have an infinite amount of shots.

3. Remember to stroy up and stay healthy. The blaster has an infinite amount of ammo and doesn't use stroy so use it to keep yourself mobile and healthy!

4. Like any other weapon, headshots and shots to the back will do more damage. So make yourself hard to hit while trying to optimize your own targeting. Aim accordingly!

5. Most of all, PRACTICE! There is a bit of an adjustment when you switch to the blaster so you have to learn to compensate, once you do the blaster becomes one of your most potent close range weapons.

*This largely focuses on the blaster, the pistol is similar in concept just not as powerful in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

Helpful Hints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpful Hints   Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:10 pm

Flying: http://community.enemyterritory.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057

I really recommend watching that video ^^^

Remember anansi's rockets/law pretty much go on till the end of the map so you can fire at great distances.

Tormentor I believe has a faster turning radius and a faster strocket recharge, letting you get double lockons. (SiN would be the one to ask anything about the tormy)

When you're flying and have a law/strocket out, you can hold caps to free up your crosshair and track a moving target a little more easily.
Back to top Go down

Helpful Hints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpful Hints   Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:07 am

-blaster with scope up and headshots is really devastating. from prone it's like a short range sniper rifle...like a VSS. I've shot a wall from different distances to get an idea how much muzzle rise occurs.... lots. with that in mind at close range i've started trying to shoot about groin level and by the time of the 5th shot it's about up to head height instead of trying to keep the muzzle level.

i'm most using knife at close attacks now, it has the same key, conveniently, as flares, so i rekeyed it to middle mouse button, and it really throws people off to attack with a knife anyway.
Back to top Go down

Helpful Hints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpful Hints   Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:35 pm

senilityiscool2 wrote:
I am ready to see something on here regarding flying and use of the blaster/pistol...

I generally try to get as close as possible to my opponent when using pistol/blaster. Use the high rate of fire.

senility you mentioned something about spawn times on the server, this is my spawn script

bind 8 "setSpawnPoint base;addChatLine '^7Base Spawn Location'" "" "default" //base spawnpoint
bind 9 "setSpawnPoint next;addChatLine '^7Next Spawn Location'" "" "default" //base spawnpoint
bind 0 "clientdefaultspawn;addChatLine '^7Front Spawn Location'" "" "default" //base spawnpoint

having a key bound to /kill is very useful,

bind "x" "kill"

avoiding the limbo menu will save you a lot of time

hope this helps
Back to top Go down

Helpful Hints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpful Hints   Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:40 am

Was browsing theough the QW forums and saw a question that reminded me of something. Sin, exactly how is it are you able to get into the overflow hatch on Sewer when the first obj isnt built?
Back to top Go down

Helpful Hints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpful Hints   Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:49 am

Before he answers, I am going to guess and say that he slides down the side of the building and during the slide he slips between the shield and the opening at the north entrance (by the strogg base).

Edit: I submitted this "guess" because I have seen a time or two on the alerts when he missed... He got fried.
Back to top Go down

Helpful Hints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpful Hints   Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:28 am

I am pretty sure you can't fit between the wall and that shield, I've tried a few times and before I can even get off the ledge the shield fries me.
Back to top Go down

Helpful Hints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpful Hints   Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Yeah I was poking around a few times as well, just couldn't quite figure it out.
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

Helpful Hints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpful Hints   Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:27 am

Well, given that its occurrence before the EMP is built gives the rather strong appearance of a glitch, I propose that we treat it like the Volcano glitch when it happens. Restart the map and warn the planter that its not allowed.
Back to top Go down

Helpful Hints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpful Hints   Helpful Hints Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:40 am

alpha-1 wrote:
Well, given that its occurrence before the EMP is built gives the rather strong appearance of a glitch, I propose that we treat it like the Volcano glitch when it happens. Restart the map and warn the planter that its not allowed.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Helpful Hints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helpful Hints   Helpful Hints Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helpful Hints
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheCryptCommunity :: Quake Wars Discussions :: General Discussions-
Jump to: