TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

Server rules.. heavies?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Server rules.. heavies? Empty
PostSubject: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 4:19 am

So something that has been coming up a lot lately, and I've been thinking a lot about is our heavies rule. Personally I've found that somebody who is a proficient user of the descecrator is a real pain in the ass unless you have a real stud on your team. Yeah you can have a couple people go rocket launcher but then that one desce is taking multiple people out of commission since they are now focused on that instead of the objective. Long story short, I think we should add that to the list that is out of bounds until 5v5. I feel like it would bring quite a bit more balance for those smaller sided games. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 6:33 am

I agree. I see the desi as being easily equivalent to the titan.
Back to top Go down
slam420

slam420

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 7:07 am

how do you stop the mcp, the gunner alone can take out the hog in a few seconds. the only thing that sucks about the heavies rule (as much as i love it!) it makes the mcp practically a free obj. maybe take the desi away and allow flyers? ONE (1) heavy for mcp mission?

good topic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:06 am

I think the mg on the trojan with the rocket launcher makes a deadly combinination that can overcome the desecrator. Can't always do it, but that is the one vehicle that keeps the gdf from rolling through the map in less than seven minutes. Take the desecrator out and the map goes too quick. Maybe we can play around with some of the rules a little, but eliminating the one vehicle that can stop the MCP and hold off the trojan puts too much advantage into the GDF side (which normally stacks on the canyon map).

I can see the point where the elimination of the desecrator becomes an objective unto itself. We could always let all vehicles come back and see how quickly the GDF start rolling again.
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 1:57 pm

As it is, it is already difficult enforcing what we have. It should be what it is now, or nothing as far as I care. If you cant eliminate it, thats what teamwork is about, use it.
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 3:48 pm

AVTs will stop the MCP. They do a much better job than vehicles do anyways. And a hog will take a trojan out pretty easily, and it takes like 3 hits atleast from the AA missile to take out a hog. My suggestion would be to take away the Desi and Bumblebee as well. But that's just my thinking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:54 pm

Can you imagine 3 v 3 with all vehicles allowed? I have played on other servers and if one person is flying and the other team is trying to defend, all you do is end up trying to duck the flyer or respawning...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:26 pm

If you're a noob piloting the Dececrator and you have someone like FrizleFry in the trojan, you're screwed. But in 99% of the times, the trojan is no match for the desi since the Dececrator is the "tank" of the Strogg.

Well, I was happy to see this topic long time ago since I was the one who first complaint that Desecrator vs Trojan was not an equal fight. Well, too bad not all admin's got the memo about this topic. Last time when I was playing we were getting spammed by a Dececrator but as soon as we tried to use the tank, which it was the only vehicle that can match the Dececrator, we were moved to specs. Well, imagine going after a Desecrator and Avt's with a trojan LOL I used to join the server for any game with small teams but since you guys allow a Dese, I now just avoid the server if I don't see more than 6 players on each team. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:13 pm

This game is just not meant for small teams, period. In my opinion none of the vehicles even out with each other, but it's boring sitting around and waiting for a prodmod server to fill up just so I get can get a game that's solely infantry. I think it's a miracle most people don't have a problem with the rest of the heavies until 5v5. It's impossible to please everyone though because sooner or later, yes, you're going to get someone who rocks at their mentioned vehicle. I've seen it happen a couple times, but that just means it's going to have to require more teamwork and smart playing, or a dedicated rocket launcher. More focus on the vehicles vs. infantry portion of it rather than vehicle vs vehicle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:20 pm

oncex wrote:
If you're a noob piloting the Dececrator and you have someone like FrizleFry in the trojan, you're screwed. But in 99% of the times, the trojan is no match for the desi since the Dececrator is the "tank" of the Strogg.

Well, I was happy to see this topic long time ago since I was the one who first complaint that Desecrator vs Trojan was not an equal fight. Well, too bad not all admin's got the memo about this topic. Last time when I was playing we were getting spammed by a Dececrator but as soon as we tried to use the tank, which it was the only vehicle that can match the Dececrator, we were moved to specs. Well, imagine going after a Desecrator and Avt's with a trojan LOL I used to join the server for any game with small teams but since you guys allow a Dese, I now just avoid the server if I don't see more than 6 players on each team. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I got the memo- I just didn't care to respond as I don't agree with you. It works 75% of the time and when we have people who comprehend it, then the desecrator is a non-factor. And the Cyclops is the equivalent to the Titan, not the Desecrator. As far as I am concerned, your appearance ( or refusal to play here) only affects you- not me. Did I need to respond to a topic that affects you?

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:28 pm

I prefer straight infantry myself, but I generally just start inviting people until it is 5v5 so it doesn't matter anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:28 am

senilityiscool2 wrote:
oncex wrote:

I got the memo- I just didn't care to respond as I don't agree with you. It works 75% of the time and when we have people who comprehend it, then the desecrator is a non-factor. And the Cyclops is the equivalent to the Titan, not the Desecrator. As far as I am concerned, your appearance ( or refusal to play here) only affects you- not me. Did I need to respond to a topic that affects you?

Wow, you took it personally. Ok, I got it! You got the memo but you didn't read it Very Happy Either way, I haven't played with you often, so I can assume that you have played even less with a true vehicle whore like FrizleFry (tank) and BioSnark (Desecrator). So, when you have FrizleFry telling you that the cyclopes is not the same as the tank, even if you don't like the guy, you have to agree him (given his level of skill using the tank).

True, I'm no vehicle whore. But playing for hundreds of hours with those two and with good flying pilots like Pipboy and SchmeeCow, you soon learn the full potential of any vehicle. But hey, you don't have to take my work for it, just look for ProfessorAbraxos and ask him to play a 1:1 with you. You can use a tank and he can use the Dececrator, it should be easy for you to kill him... right?

MCP problems? You can ask VampiroWWX (or whatever w's and x'es he has) to show you how to use the hog to it's full potential. Given the high ping he always has, he's too damn good with the hog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:57 am

I rarely see frizzle, Bio, Pip, or Schmee frequenting our server. Simply stated, it's the rule we start the day with until we get to 5 v 5. All I was saying it doesn't affect me or my populating the server. You decide what you want to do. Frankly if anyone comes on these days to just rule a game in a vehicle, it's a waste of time. The only reason I continue to play ETQW is the folks in this clan- not the people you name dropped as your counterparts.

I didn't take anything personally, but your statement is a slight that was pointed to admins for the server.The rule itself tends to keep the vehicle whores away until the server is close to full.

I got it- you don't like the rule. I got it- you won't play here when it's less than 5 v 5. I got it that you play with the best ETQW players on the planet. The rule still stands and it works for the rest of us here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:41 pm

eloquently spoken as always, sen cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:38 pm

As it is, it is already difficult enforcing what we have. It should be what it is now, or nothing as far as I care. If you cant eliminate it, thats what teamwork is about, use it I have to agree with Cloister that we should leave it as is. I already get enough headaches trying to get it understood what the rules are. Trying to play the game and move these noobs to spec or kick is a constant hassle. We change the rules and I see even more problems. I saw the same problems when I was in Vag when they had their no spawncamping rule. It was a constant battle to get some people to follow the rules. Personally I like the rule because it makes for better games with a smaller team. You are always going to get people who dont want to follow the rules. Its a free country play on the servers with the rules you like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:00 am

Sen does have quite the way with words. The rule works the majority of the time and when it doesn't it usually just takes a reminder to the offenders. There will always be exceptions. Some new to the game don't know what a "heavy" even means and are still too busy learning their HUD to notice the server messages. Veterans who ignore the rule are just being idiots.
Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:05 pm

exXxile wrote:
As it is, it is already difficult enforcing what we have. It should be what it is now, or nothing as far as I care. If you cant eliminate it, thats what teamwork is about, use it I have to agree with Cloister that we should leave it as is. I already get enough headaches trying to get it understood what the rules are. Trying to play the game and move these noobs to spec or kick is a constant hassle. We change the rules and I see even more problems. I saw the same problems when I was in Vag when they had their no spawncamping rule. It was a constant battle to get some people to follow the rules. Personally I like the rule because it makes for better games with a smaller team. You are always going to get people who dont want to follow the rules. Its a free country play on the servers with the rules you like.

Well said cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server rules.. heavies?   Server rules.. heavies? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server rules.. heavies?
Page 1 of 1