TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

Ranked servers?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:57 pm

The other day someone asked if crypt was going to get some new maps like Taw does. I believe Senility stated that crypt could not do that since this is a ranked server. That got me to wondering is there any advantage to being a ranked server now that there are no stats? Would it be worth it to go to a unranked server and get some new maps? Ive played a couple of the new maps and wasnt impressed but I am sure getting tired of these. I just cant find any new games I like as much as this one but I need some variety. Just wanted to see if I could get some input from the rest of you ppl. Idea scratch
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:14 pm

I've not really been too impressed with any of the other maps either to be honest. But as far as going not ranked and having custom maps. I see several of them on my server list everyday and they are almost always completely empty.

I'm thinking we may have to just hold out for Brink and hope for the best. About the only other thing out there that may be a possibility is Bad Company 2 which I've been considering picking up to see how it plays.
Back to top Go down

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:33 pm

My dad ended up getting Bad Company 2. He seems to enjoy it. I tried it out once and I found it to be alright. Multiplayer seemed similar to the CoD's, but I only played it for about 5 minutes. I should try it out some more, see if it catches.
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:48 pm

If I remember correctly, it takes a bit of an effort to add maps, though I could be wrong. Also the server would no longer stream to PBBans since it wouldn't be a ranked server.... so that woukd bring a lot hacks in.
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:59 pm

the in game stats still work. I'm up to 2 stars now.
Back to top Go down

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:40 am

As for BC2 I like the singleplayer but my ping never gets lower than 200 on the multi player so that is pretty much unplayable. Im hoping Brink will be as playable as QW.
Back to top Go down

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:23 am

I'd rather wait till brink or bad company 2. If giving up rank also gets rid of the PBBan, I'm not for it
Back to top Go down

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:43 am

ranked servers only allow campaign mode and the 12 default maps. no custom maps can be added.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:54 am

Looking like Brink is our next best hope then.
Back to top Go down

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:09 pm

i got bc2 for my ps3 and i like it i casn pick up for my pc cheap out here one of the computer stores out here had it going for twenty five dollars a couple of weeks ago.
Back to top Go down

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:23 am

Ahhh thats why I wondered what the advantage of keeping a ranked server meant. No Pbbans . Yeah Id rather have that advantage anyway. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:31 pm

Speaking of picking up a PC game cheap. I was in Calgary, AB Canada over the long weekend visiting parents, and I went into a Canadian equivelent of Best Buy and saw Quake Wars for $ 45 Cdn ?!?!? about the same as 40-45 Us Shocked scratch
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:15 pm

Hello Everyone, hey Cloister, i live just outside of Calgary and that $45 price tag is for my fellow Albertans who must have had one too many! drunken . Amazon sells it for $5.99!! tongue

Its too bad you'd have to get rid of the pbban to get new maps (stupid hackers), its too bad servers couldn't rearange some maps, like on the volcano map there is a ton of grahics put into the gdf respawn area (where you can go through to get to the boats) its hugh, the fight should be in there, crates to hide around, tight hallways, oh well ETQW is still a kick ass game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:35 pm

Too bad I didn't know you lived over there... maybe next time. Only been through Black Diamond once, I usually travel over to Nanton on the 533
Back to top Go down

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:22 pm

What we really need is activision to get its fecal matter collected in the same location, suck up to id software and get this game to evolve. I know that sales weren't that great, but ETQW has some unbelievable staying power. I have been playing for almost three years now. Anyone else notice how the next "awesome multi-player" game comes out, people leave ETQW for a few weeks and then return because that "awesome game" just didn't give the enjoyment that is found on ETQW?

I say we start lobbying activision with an organized email campaign to let them know that ETQW has some leg strength still and with some minor add-ons, maps could be expanded and even modified. Everyone can wait for the next great game, but we already have the great game (minus assfucks who spam my radar every 30 seconds). I say we brainstorm and approach Activision, id, or whoever will listen, and then get everyone involved. Is Activision present at QuakeCon? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:34 pm

I gave up on them after they butchered RTCW2
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 2:52 pm

I could get down with a lobbying campaign.
Back to top Go down

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:59 pm

Im all for a lobbying campaign too. All Activision has to do is come out with a expansion pack of some new maps and leave everything else the same and this would be just the jolt this game needs. EA did the same thing with BF 2142 and came out with a expansion pack of 8 maps on a artic campaign for 20 bucks and it was as good as the original. Ive noticed that Activision doesnt want to waste any time or money on QW but they still are selling ad space stuck on every wall and billboard they can find. Doesnt that tell them something? If ppl are willing to buy ad space then there still must be quite a loyal following playing the game. Activision needs to get its head out of its ass and stop worrying about the next big game coming out and just keep tweeking up the great one they have. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

I think the ads are generated from leetserver. OK, let's find out who wants to spread the word to others. I say hit everyone on your friend list with a message and see how they feel. I will dig up an email addy and post it here.
Back to top Go down

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:07 am

We need to get TAW in to this. They're the largest organized group and if we get any persuasion, it will be with their help
Back to top Go down

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 3:02 pm

we will need a massive number of people to support this. activision wont pay to have some dlc made for a game thats been out for three years if on a couple hundred want it hell they dont even give their developers bonus pay. besides the fact i think they shut down the consoles versions' servers becuase i tried to play the demo on my ps3 and i couldnt get a connection. but im in.
Back to top Go down

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 7:52 pm

Preach it sen
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:36 am

senilityiscool2 wrote:
What we really need is activision to get its fecal matter collected in the same location, suck up to id software and get this game to evolve. I know that sales weren't that great, but ETQW has some unbelievable staying power. I have been playing for almost three years now. Anyone else notice how the next "awesome multi-player" game comes out, people leave ETQW for a few weeks and then return because that "awesome game" just didn't give the enjoyment that is found on ETQW?

I say we start lobbying activision with an organized email campaign to let them know that ETQW has some leg strength still and with some minor add-ons, maps could be expanded and even modified. Everyone can wait for the next great game, but we already have the great game (minus assfucks who spam my radar every 30 seconds). I say we brainstorm and approach Activision, id, or whoever will listen, and then get everyone involved. Is Activision present at QuakeCon? Thoughts?

Interesting thought....I live and work in the Mesquite/Dallas, TX area. ID software headquarters is only like 10 minutes from my work. Pass it everyday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ranked servers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranked servers?   Ranked servers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ranked servers?
Page 1 of 1