TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
i'm going to be on television (requiem) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
i'm going to be on television (requiem) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
i'm going to be on television (requiem) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
i'm going to be on television (requiem) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
i'm going to be on television (requiem) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

i'm going to be on television (requiem)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

i'm going to be on television (requiem) Empty
PostSubject: i'm going to be on television (requiem)   i'm going to be on television (requiem) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:28 pm

so Regis and Kelly is in town doing 2 live shows and taping two others. They want boats in the background... so keep your eyes peeled Tuesday morning for a blue boat with a sail number of 34. Or maybe 148 as we my be testing a mainsail....

Its not every day you get to say you communicated with someone who was on Regis!

Truthfully, i'm on my summer vacation and intend to spend as much time on the water as possible, so this is just an excuse to use my dad's boat.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: i'm going to be on television (requiem)   i'm going to be on television (requiem) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:41 pm

I got fragged by a guy that is going to be on tv!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i'm going to be on television (requiem)   i'm going to be on television (requiem) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:03 pm

RAISE THE GDF FLAG!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i'm going to be on television (requiem)   i'm going to be on television (requiem) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:05 pm

To hell with that! Make a big sign that says. "CrYpT" and have it visible topside.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: i'm going to be on television (requiem)   i'm going to be on television (requiem) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:15 pm

senilityiscool2 wrote:
To hell with that! Make a big sign that says. "CrYpT" and have it visible topside.

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
slam420

slam420

PostSubject: Re: i'm going to be on television (requiem)   i'm going to be on television (requiem) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:14 pm

senilityiscool2 wrote:

that would be so cool cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i'm going to be on television (requiem)   i'm going to be on television (requiem) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:04 pm

No one noticed my Requiem for a Dream reference...

Besides the junior sailors, there were us and two other boats. All 3 of us race. Caddyshack, Wings III and us, Midnight. I've been told Wings got a close up. It's a beautiful 40 foot racer with milar and glass sails. I nearly creamed my pants when I managed to see the cabin in it.

We switched over to one of our mains that we had on the warf so we can say, "That's us! sail 34!"

It was a good morning sail. 6 knots in ~8knot winds on a beam reach. We didn't bother really trimming sails. We could have gone a lot faster, I'm always in racing mode.

Flags. I have no CrYpT, GDF, Strogg, Rebel (Star wars), jolly's, american or canadian on the boat. I have three 6' canadian flags that i left in the closet in my apartment. Oh well.

On a side note, We're hosting the annual race week starting Thursday. 5 j/29's have been shipped over here for it form the east coast. It's quite a site to see a row of boats on cradles and trailers that are all identical. Well, 2 have inboard motors (need inboard for NstYA offshore races) and one of them is full rigged rather than fractional (more sail area, but you can't point as high). That makes somewhere between 8-10 j/29's, 3-4 j/24's, 2 j/30's, 1-2 j/35's and a j/27. We like our j-boats. (http://www.jboats.com/).

We have a 1979 j/30. Almost identical to a j/29, but we have a real cabin. J/29's were built as a faster and lighter j/30. Their hulls are a few inches wider and since they have no fanciness in their cabin and most don't have inboard diesels, they weigh a few thousand pounds less. We can share masts, booms, sails, rudders and most deck hardware.

My personal goal is to get a j/30 and completely gut the inside of it. That way it gets the handicap of a j/30 but the speed of a j/29. I explained that plan to one of the seasoned veterans and he said, "Thats cheating!. But there are two types of racers here. Losers and cheaters."

Since the J/29's will be in their own class races, our main competition is Wings, a j/35 called Pepper, a mumm 30 called Vanish(they're fast as fuck) and another 30 foot racer called Ghost(again, fast as fuck) and another j/30 calles Surprise. If we are in strong winds, and if we get a solid start, we will win. Same with light wind. Our weakness is the medium winds. The other j/30 is new to the owner so we have the experience behind us.

Tomorrow, I re-launch my 8' dighney/rowboat/skiff/dory that was converted to a sailboat. I redid the cockpit in it over the weekend and filld a lot of dead space with foam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i'm going to be on television (requiem)   i'm going to be on television (requiem) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:59 pm

Pictures would be awesome... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i'm going to be on television (requiem)   i'm going to be on television (requiem) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i'm going to be on television (requiem)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheCryptCommunity :: Quake Wars Discussions :: General Discussions-
Jump to: