TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
probably done....  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
probably done....  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
probably done....  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
probably done....  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
probably done....  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

probably done....

Go down 
+2
Mr_Shifty
harleyquinn
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Sooo0o0o after 3+ years of this game.... I think I'm done...

I'm wiping my comp and starting over cuz it's about that time... been a few years since I re-installed from scratch...and this game probably won't make it back onto my comp... it'll still be on marcs tho...

I'd love it if the clan could find a new game to play, I'm most certainly not done gaming.... and o' course I'll still frequent the clan page... but I can only take so much redundancy.

Who knows, maybe if i get really drunk and/or bored I may play a few more games... but I tried playing tonight and I like couldn't take it after just a few moments of being in game...

or maybe if i give myself a nice long break from it; I may come back and find it fun again...

Back to top Go down

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:27 pm

try brink maybe?
Back to top Go down

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:44 pm

We will miss you Harley.I did post about expanding the clan into other games(Just a thought).See you on the battlefield when you are drunk lol
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:42 pm

I'm down for whatever.
Back to top Go down

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:23 am

Wait.. now who's going to own me under whiskey influence Sad
Back to top Go down

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:20 am

The clan can expand into other games- all people have to do is hang their tag on their name and run with it. We should probably start thinking of expansion very soon anyway...

My initial thought would be for us to pick executive teams to initiate organizing in the games of their choice and then having all of the clan members gather in a central location (website) which is broken down by their game of choice. That web site could then link to the specific game forums (like here).

Executive teams would be responsible for starting servers in the game of their choice, recruiting, and getting donations to fund the server. Any money not used would then go to a general fund for hookers and beer at Shifty's...
Back to top Go down

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:32 am

I get frustrated with this game- but even after playing since the demo was released, I am still learning about this game. The redundancy that Harley mentions may be the Quake Wars engine (or it may be me bitching about people STILL not putting upa fucking radar).
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:48 am

i mean there are frustrating people, and frustrating parts of the game....

but the redundancy i was referring to is playing the same maps over and over and over.... if they had come out with an expansion like new classes, new achievements, new maps, new freaking anything it would have kept my attention longer.... it's like if i ate the same thing every day for 3 years, no matter how good it is, i just can't take it any longer.

like i said, a break from it for a while may help, but I'm ready to find a new game. I'll browse through reviews and as many demos as possible before i give a new suggestion.

Back to top Go down

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:27 am

wuss. I'd eat donairs every day if i could.
Back to top Go down
bankonit

bankonit

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:47 am

We can set up custom map on the scrim server. Let me know which maps you might be interested in and I will see if I can figure out how to load them.

Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:42 pm

senilityiscool2 wrote:
The clan can expand into other games- all people have to do is hang their tag on their name and run with it. We should probably start thinking of expansion very soon anyway...

My initial thought would be for us to pick executive teams to initiate organizing in the games of their choice and then having all of the clan members gather in a central location (website) which is broken down by their game of choice. That web site could then link to the specific game forums (like here).

Executive teams would be responsible for starting servers in the game of their choice, recruiting, and getting donations to fund the server. Any money not used would then go to a general fund for hookers and beer at Shifty's...

I think this would be great. I think expanding our horizons a little bit would be nice. QW will always be our home, but variety is the spice of life right? I play a bit of Borderlands too, that would be fun to run through with some of you guys besides just Chaotic and Strider (Slam played once too).

My deck IS perfect for beer and hookers! But seriously I'm up for spreading our reach.
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:45 pm

I actually spotted Mr Shifty playing quakewars yesterday Shocked glad to see your back playing Cool
Back to top Go down

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Believe me, when I win the lotto, the whole clan will be coming to PEI for a week. (at my expense).
Back to top Go down

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:14 pm

All you gotta do is add different game forums to the existing forum.

And...altho a free trip to PEI would be nice...

I'd rather you pay for us all to meet up at Oktoberfest, in Munich!!

Razz
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Sad allergic to hops, hence the whiskey
Back to top Go down

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:39 pm

Hey why don't you open server for BRINK, it's based on ETQW, but i have seen demo and it's SICK
Back to top Go down

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:33 am

harleyquinn wrote:
but the redundancy i was referring to is playing the same maps over and over and over.... if they had come out with an expansion like new classes, new achievements, new maps, new freaking anything it would have kept my attention longer.... it's like if i ate the same thing every day for 3 years, no matter how good it is, i just can't take it any longer.

like i said, a break from it for a while may help, but I'm ready to find a new game. I'll browse through reviews and as many demos as possible before i give a new suggestion.

I know many players of Quake Wars only have this game installed.

I am a player since the days of the Atari 2600 (my first home videogame machine) followed by the Commodore 128, Amiga 500 and finally the PC (I have also played in the house of my friends to the ColecoVision, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, PS1 and PS2 (not to mention the beloved arcade machines, MAME that lets us relive). It is good to have several games to play by the desire of the moment.

I always had several games installed at once (if only I had installed the Quake Wars, I had bored of it long ago).

Many games have been next to my Quake Wars over the years, I'm currently playing Dead Space 2, Dirt2, Tom Clancy's End War, and Wings of Prey.

In my opinion, have only one game installed is like always eating the same dish.
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:42 am

dead space 2 is pretty good, but i meant multiplayer that we could play as a clan.... people keep suggesting brink... so I'll try it at a friends house first because I'm poor Smile unfortunately can't afford to spend a couple hundred dollars trying out video games....

I know I will be playing the bioware star wars game... just cuz Bioware is a God to me for bringing Mass Effect and Dragon age into my life. So.... Star wars one of my fav movies...combined with designers I believe to be divine.... I just don't see how it could go wrong.

I tried black ops.... not a fan... Sad

Back to top Go down

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:49 am

I played Quake 3 for 6yrs and it was hard to step away from that game.Leave My Clan We created and Our Game Servers.I do sometimes go back to Quake 3.It is always nice when I play Q3 players are like 1nsane man good to see you/welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like this game ETQW in voice chat and maps , but ETQW needs expansion packs(custom maps are cool but nobody plays them).So I have been on a quest for a New FPS game myself.
I'm doing research on some games these are my steps
1. check out http://www.gameservers.com/ (See how many players are on a popular game)
2.https://www.youtube.com/ (See in game action from a gamers view)
3.http://www.google.com/ (Clans/reviews/release date/etc.)
4.Think about possible buying the game(Zero luck at this time Sad.....lol
Back to top Go down

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:53 am

We'll see what brink is like when it's released. the demo's i've seen dont impress me.
Back to top Go down

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:09 pm

harleyquinn wrote:
dead space 2 is pretty good, but i meant multiplayer that we could play as a clan.... people keep suggesting brink... so I'll try it at a friends house first because I'm poor Smile unfortunately can't afford to spend a couple hundred dollars trying out video games....

I know I will be playing the bioware star wars game... just cuz Bioware is a God to me for bringing Mass Effect and Dragon age into my life. So.... Star wars one of my fav movies...combined with designers I believe to be divine.... I just don't see how it could go wrong.

I tried black ops.... not a fan... Sad

Yes, the multiplayer is an entirely different experience. The last game I enjoyed playing in multiplayer was the COD 4 (I quit because I got tired of the cheaters)

I know I have some games left to play in multiplayer, like Battlefield 2, Bad Company 2 and the Lead for dead, but in my country, all the hardware and games are very expensive in terms of our currency against the Dollar and Euro, in addition to price increases relative to the U.S..

Example of prices in Argentina (U.S. $ 1 dollar = $ 4 pesos):
Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB U $ S 320 ($ 1280)
BATTLEFIELD 2: BAD COMPANY (PC) $ 45 ($ 180)

The average salary is about $ 3300 (U.S. $ 825)
Back to top Go down

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:35 pm

other games are nice to try out, but...i keep coming back to ETQW, for what it is.

multiple classes, objective-based team play?

no other games match up, to date.

ya, maybe brink, if it ever comes out. and, if it DOES come out, my pc probably wont be able to handle it. whatever.

for my pc, and for the money...ETQW pretty much rocks. Go ahead, try other games. The gameplay you get with ETQW can't be matched at this point, which is why i'm sticking with it.

Razz
Back to top Go down

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:37 pm

if i am the ONLY Crypt member left, playing ETQW...

would i get the "kick" command then?

Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:42 am

Haha not even if you were the last player playing period Razz
Back to top Go down
OddBird

OddBird

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:21 pm

I hope this is merely a break for you, Harley, I'm looking forward to getting my new system* and would love to see you in-game again. But I empathize with you on the matter.

My attitude in-game has somewhat diminished of late (apologies to anyone who has dealt with it) for some of the same reasons others have mentioned. AND I'm tired of feeling like a target and not knowing if it's due to lag, hax, crappy video performance (Pentium 4 2.6 GHz, GeForce 6200, 256MB), a weak ISP or a basic lack of skill on my part.

I do like the members of this clan and would gladly join you cats in another game. I'm not a hardcore gamer, this is the only one I play, and don't keep abreast of what's coming out. Brink is on my radar and appears to have the same class/mission type of play which has kept me interested in ETQW.

*Refurbished Dell
i5-750, 8MB cache, 2.66 GHz
1 GB ATI Radeon HD 5450 DDR3
Expected arrival 2011-03-11 Very Happy

PS - It's possible I'll be leaving Georgia and moving to Chattanooga for work. Anyone else in that area?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

probably done....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: probably done....    probably done....  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

probably done....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheCryptCommunity :: Off Topic :: Misc.-
Jump to: