HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest


Share | 
 

 ETQW For The Makron League !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
G4RB4G3



Posts : 221
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-23
Location : ATX

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Ok, so much for that. Loki owned me last night, multiple times.. I need more practice with the new settings, and also it was like 1am for me last night, literally my eyes were closing during game play... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Don't become too reliant on your sensitivity, otherwise you will only be artificially improving your spraying. BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING DISABLE WINDOWS ACCELERATION! Windows accel does not make your mouse movement consistent with the distance you move your mouse on the pad, but instead responds to the speed that you move your mouse. This leads to inconsistent aim control because Windows accel is evil!

I was giving 1nsane some advice on sensitivity, and there is one key to all of it. When your aiming you want to feel that you have complete control over where your crosshair is going and your aiming should look very calm and smooth. A lower sensitivity will allow you to avoid overaiming or difficulty to hold your crosshair centered while strafing. One way to test this is to strafe normally while aiming your crosshair at a stationary object. Keep lowering your sensitivity until strafing doesn't seem to be affecting your ability to aim. If you feel that your sensitivity is too low too suddenly to achieve this, just lower your sensitivity by 3-5 in game each week. Your actual sensitivity depends on your mouse dpi (800 is standard), which you can find in your mouse software panel (or google your mouse dpi). If your mouse has dpi settings, try 800 or google dpi calibration which can help you set your mouse to best fit your monitor resolution (if your a try hard settings nerd ofc). Another thing to think about is if you play with your wrist or arm, ie do you move your mouse with your wrist or whole arm? If you move your mouse with your arm then your going to be able to handle very low sensitivity. If you play with your wrist like me, try 800dpi and 10-14 in-game sens. ETQW is best at lower sensitivity, but there are plenty of people who use fairly high ones, especially if your multi-gaming. I used to use possibly the lowest sensitivity ever in ETQW 4-5 years back, but from playing other more reflex-based games I now use a much higher sensitivity. You might find that a lot of people in ETQW only do low-sens headlining and thus suck at most other games because they aren't really aiming. This is why I recommend you don't mess with your mpitch too much if someone suggests it. The overall method of improvement is purely practice, as it is still all about your ability to move your mouse properly, but with these settings you will at least be able to improve much faster. There's all that muscle memory stuff too, which once that kicks in will make your aiming experiences pretty consistent in all games once you become used to a specific sensitivity and allow you to aim much faster. Anyone who does try out this suggested method above though ^ should eventually be able to figure out how easy the ETQW sniper rifle actually is... maybe even senel and garbage... maybe Razz .


Also here's a random video dump of a few demos from FTML scrims/pub (since only one of our opponents actually showed up to a match). I'll prob be uninstalling again once GW2 is officially out, but I have hope that you guys will be an omfgub3rl33thax clan next time I check in affraid !
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:21 pm

INF3RN0 wrote:
Anyone who does try out this suggested method above though ^ should eventually be able to figure out how easy the ETQW sniper rifle actually is...

Dont give away my secrets!
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3



Posts : 221
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-23
Location : ATX

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:26 pm

W00T, thanks for the tips!! My mouse DPI was set to 1800 in Windows just now, LOL, will disable HW accel using DX SDK as I just read, and also will practice, thanks again!!
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

avatar

Posts : 378
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 48
Location : Pasadena, CA

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:26 pm

Trying to schedule a match for Sunday April 15th in the evening please let me know your availability. 1nsane can your team play?
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

avatar

Posts : 427
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 35
Location : Aurora, CO

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Not sure yet. You can probably count me out of any matches for a while unless I happen to have some free time.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:38 pm

alphabeta wrote:
Trying to schedule a match for Sunday April 15th in the evening please let me know your availability. 1nsane can your team play?
I think the dates are screwed up,We are on April 8 at 10 pm eastern time.See P.M. sent
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

avatar

Posts : 378
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 48
Location : Pasadena, CA

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm

I am working tomorrow 8Pm to 6am so I won't be available but we can go ahead with the match if we have enough guys. Breakaway or Garbage can you set this up/lead the troops?
Back to top Go down
SiN110022

avatar

Posts : 496
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-11-21
Age : 29
Location : Toronto

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:12 am

INF3RN0 wrote:
Don't become too reliant on your sensitivity, otherwise you will only be artificially improving your spraying. BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING DISABLE WINDOWS ACCELERATION! Windows accel does not make your mouse movement consistent with the distance you move your mouse on the pad, but instead responds to the speed that you move your mouse. This leads to inconsistent aim control because Windows accel is evil!

I was giving 1nsane some advice on sensitivity, and there is one key to all of it. When your aiming you want to feel that you have complete control over where your crosshair is going and your aiming should look very calm and smooth. A lower sensitivity will allow you to avoid overaiming or difficulty to hold your crosshair centered while strafing. One way to test this is to strafe normally while aiming your crosshair at a stationary object. Keep lowering your sensitivity until strafing doesn't seem to be affecting your ability to aim. If you feel that your sensitivity is too low too suddenly to achieve this, just lower your sensitivity by 3-5 in game each week. Your actual sensitivity depends on your mouse dpi (800 is standard), which you can find in your mouse software panel (or google your mouse dpi). If your mouse has dpi settings, try 800 or google dpi calibration which can help you set your mouse to best fit your monitor resolution (if your a try hard settings nerd ofc). Another thing to think about is if you play with your wrist or arm, ie do you move your mouse with your wrist or whole arm? If you move your mouse with your arm then your going to be able to handle very low sensitivity. If you play with your wrist like me, try 800dpi and 10-14 in-game sens. ETQW is best at lower sensitivity, but there are plenty of people who use fairly high ones, especially if your multi-gaming. I used to use possibly the lowest sensitivity ever in ETQW 4-5 years back, but from playing other more reflex-based games I now use a much higher sensitivity. You might find that a lot of people in ETQW only do low-sens headlining and thus suck at most other games because they aren't really aiming. This is why I recommend you don't mess with your mpitch too much if someone suggests it. The overall method of improvement is purely practice, as it is still all about your ability to move your mouse properly, but with these settings you will at least be able to improve much faster. There's all that muscle memory stuff too, which once that kicks in will make your aiming experiences pretty consistent in all games once you become used to a specific sensitivity and allow you to aim much faster. Anyone who does try out this suggested method above though ^ should eventually be able to figure out how easy the ETQW sniper rifle actually is... maybe even senel and garbage... maybe Razz .


Also here's a random video dump of a few demos from FTML scrims/pub (since only one of our opponents actually showed up to a match). I'll prob be uninstalling again once GW2 is officially out, but I have hope that you guys will be an omfgub3rl33thax clan next time I check in affraid !


one of these days i will defiantly make the time to read all of that
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3



Posts : 221
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-23
Location : ATX

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:51 pm

Ok, well suffice it to say, CS4S got 0WN3D last night! Very Happy Very Happy

Teams:

G4RB4G3
Mr_Shifty
BankOnIt
cylo83*

vs.

1nsane
-Chill-
Richard33
???DeadGame???

It's a GOOD thing it was just a scrim, because some people were missing, and so we had a few subs. Poor Pittsy, was just too sick to play, so he just spec'd, but I'm not sure if he did any recordings or commentary. He just mostly played back seat driver to the pwning of his teammates! Very Happy

I would say the biggest reason CS4S lost was they were too aggressive (should have laid lower and hid more) and also they CAN'T SHOOT FOR SHIT!! They need to mess with their sensitivity, I think mine is improved, but I still need a lot of practice myself, as Bank and Shifty for sure were the impact players on our team.. Smile

4v4 is all about STAYING ALIVE... That's the only tip I can offer, mouhahahahhh!! Very Happy


So when we playing FOR REAL guys? CrYpT vs. CS4S... Sunday? Saturday?? Another scrim maybe Wed or Thurs? Open to anyone even just to play some 4v4 and get in some practice.. ???
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

avatar

Posts : 378
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 48
Location : Pasadena, CA

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:00 pm

I am available Sunday April 15th; would like to schedule it for that day in the evening (which is better for Shifty and me as well).
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3



Posts : 221
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-23
Location : ATX

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:18 pm

10pm PT again? Good with me!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Lmao, talking shit.we had 2 new guys that never played pro, so it is what it is.yes the scrim helps out alot.I like playing pro mode.I messed with my config file maybe too much, but I feel this will make my aim alot better.I never have tweaked the etqw config before all on default.getting old and lazy, as back in the day playing quake 3 I tweaked the shit out of my config file.sad thong is this game is getting old, but fun still.
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3



Posts : 221
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-23
Location : ATX

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:35 pm

LOL!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

avatar

Posts : 378
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 48
Location : Pasadena, CA

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:16 pm

1nsane can we schedule match for Sunday April 15th 7PM PST/10PM EST? We need to finish our league matches.
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

avatar

Posts : 445
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-31
Age : 43
Location : Black Diamond, AB

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:16 am

I can make it.
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3



Posts : 221
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-23
Location : ATX

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:35 am

Br8kaway wrote:
I can make it.
About damn time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1455
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 30
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:00 am

Should be good for me as well. My schedule is going to be shifting again, but shouldn't be a problem.
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

avatar

Posts : 378
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 48
Location : Pasadena, CA

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:45 pm

1nsane need to know if your team can make it ASAP; otherwise I will schedule someone else.
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3



Posts : 221
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-23
Location : ATX

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Yeah, don't chicken out now guys! Laughing sorry, more shit talking.. ignore me! 👽 We're division 5 anyways, all we HAVE is shit talking!! bounce Twisted Evil bounce
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

avatar

Posts : 427
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 35
Location : Aurora, CO

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:53 pm

Not going to be able to make it...yet again Sad
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

avatar

Posts : 378
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 48
Location : Pasadena, CA

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Still trying to get a match scheduled for today. Will let everyone know ASAP.

I think G.Pitts and 1nsane are available; but may need some mercs. Any other clan members up to helping them out?
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

avatar

Posts : 378
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 48
Location : Pasadena, CA

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:56 am

We concluded the 2nd season of FTML with a record of 3-2. What a great experience and helped significantly improve many of our participants skills. I will be entering a new team for Season 3 of the FTML and hope many of you will choose to participate. Special thanks to Shifty, Breakaway, Garbage, Bankonit and the ever elusive Jet.Li! Great fun was had by all!
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1455
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 30
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:21 am

If you were interested.. here are the links for the two matches we played tonight.

vs C24S

http://www.twitch.tv/cyrd/b/315144782

vs Outlawed

http://www.twitch.tv/cyrd/b/315149208
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

avatar

Posts : 445
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-31
Age : 43
Location : Black Diamond, AB

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:08 pm

I watched both, its nice to see how much of a noob I am lol. Thank god for Alphabeta picking me up and Shifty and Garbage doing some magic! I had a really good laugh Garbage when you were (but not really) constructing the laser and liquidpain is like "whats he doing?" and then he says "Garbarge is not happy right now" lol, good times. I'm glad they took the time to record and do a little play by play action, that was nice of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    

Back to top Go down
 
ETQW For The Makron League !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Acme 40k Escalation League (Begins January 11th)
» Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League
» League: Blighted Shadow Storyline
» Champions League Tournament ~ Sign - IN ~
» ahhian's small collection. mostly j-league & jap stuff and some others

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheCryptCommunity :: Quake Wars Discussions :: General Discussions-
Jump to: