TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

ETQW For The Makron League !

Go down 
+7
meat_puppet
alpha-1
Mr_Shifty
Scootter82
alphabeta
Br8kaway
bankonit
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
alphabeta

alphabeta

ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:04 pm

LOL; don't feel responsible Shifty, you should see my ridiculous schedule! Let's focus on how to get better!
Back to top Go down
meat_puppet

meat_puppet

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:34 pm

alphabeta wrote:
Am setting up our next match; will be against one of the Polish teams in our division so the time difference may be a problem. We got owned again by Outlawed yesterday. There are many reasons for this, but the biggest seems to be that we don't have enough practice time together as a team. We are still coming up with class distribution and tactics 15 minutes before the match starts, which is a recipe for failure. I don't want this to be a chore; it is supposed to be fun and help us improve our ETQW skills in general. But I am also getting tired of losing. If you guys think someone else is a better captain I am willing to step aside. Just let me know (you won't hurt my feelings - I know my place in the ETQW world!). But I hope that we can commit to some practice time, with other clan members willing to give up their normal pub time and help us when we practice on the ProMod server. We should also do more scrimming if possible; both BH and Outlawed have offered.

MeatPuppet; is there a way to tell which maps work under ProMod and which are for "normal" ETQW. I can only get Comm Link to work on "normal" ETQW, but it is supposed to be a part of the ProMod map pool. Can you help us on this?

promod maps and normal "vanilla" etqw maps are stored in diffrent folders. Base is the Vanilla folder and etqwpro folder is the promod folder. THey are independant of each other. maps that are only in your etqwpro folder are not accesaable in normal vanilla etqw.

all of the custom maps should work in promod, they were written for promod servers, and they shouldn't be able to run in normal etqw. Of course I didn't try running them in normal etqw who knows they might as long as the server and client have them in their base folder. Radar is the only custom map that won't run on my home promod server. It crashes the server every time I load it. all of the regular etqw maps will work in promod also.
you have to get used to the quirks of changing to a promod map. every time you change to a custom map all the players get kicked and have to rejoin the server, this is something you have to live with, regular etqw maps will work flawless.
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:11 pm

meat_puppet wrote:
all of the custom maps should work in promod,
they were written for promod servers, and they shouldn't be able to run
in normal etqw.

They run, but the bots don't play.
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:56 am

I have about 15 custom maps from various sources. I put them all in my base folder (because I didn't know any better). They all "appear" in ETQW and Pro, but some run in ETQW and some run in ProMod. I have not had the time yet to record which are which. So I am confused; Comm Link is the perfect example; runs under normal ETQW but not ProMod? But it is part of the FTML map pool.
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Alphabeta i have no problem with you as captain you've taken the time and effort to set this up so thats a non issue for me. But after saying that i didn't realize you were the captain, if your the leader then be the leader and don't ask me what i want to do just let me know what you want me to do, your not going to hurt my little feelings by telling me what to do and what class to be.

We're not losing either we're getting powned. It didn't feel disorganized before the matches it only takes a minute to say we need 3 engis and 1 medic or 2 medics and 2 engies etc..etc... so that was done correctly.

As far as i'm concerned the main problems are 1) very little communication 2) a refusal to buddy up. 3) Some of their players were better than us. 4) You already mentioned this but tactics.

This isn't rocket science, buddy up with someone, decide who that person is before the map starts know what class you are and stick to the game plan. You were amazed at how we rolled them when sin joined afterwards, but your comment "why couldn't we do this earlier" shows me you might have failed to notice that we were glued to sin's ass like white on rice the entire time and we supported each other.

I don't want to make it sound like we had no pairing up but percent wise it was low and i've talked to at least 6 or 7 other people who are really good players and they all said the same thing (just like Mr.Shifty) you need to be with someone. It was still fun, i don't like losing but there is lots to learn from it.

Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:50 pm

Even when pairing up, you need one person to be the leader and the other, the follower. I think that is the main reason behind us loosing our buddy. We never established this. If you don't do that, then someone is always bound to run off, especially during a fire fight.

Or we could even play with having a three pair group and one sweeper free to roam and kill at will. The sweeper SHOULD NOT be the best player, but rather the second best. This leaves the BEST player to lead the group of three.
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:04 pm

I was talking with sikici yesterday and we are going to arrange a match sometime next week. Her group is called NML (no mans land) if we get powned by girls i quit lol. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Lol, they are pretty good, that is her, sweet, moosea, shelly used to play with them, and I forget who else but they can hold their own.
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Lol, yeah i'll have to tell the ladies to go easy on us cause my ego bruises real easy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:24 am

Hello all,

Breakaway dont quit Surprised... Ill try to arrange something this week. NML havent played together for nearly a year Very Happy, so go easy on us!

have been having fun on your server in recent weeks and am goiing there now Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi again, ok NML are available for next saturday the 18th at 8pm UK time will you want 4 v 4 or 6 v 6 Smile
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:48 am

Okay so count me stupid but apparently the FTML has a set Sundays schedule which I did not know about. I was working today and so missed that we were supposed to play against FLY at 1pm EST. Ooops. Feb 20th Spring Training starts and I will be busy for about 2-3 weeks. Would someone like to be co-captain of our 4v4 team? I would like to hope to keep this going even in my periods of intermittent absence.
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 3:53 am

Bankonit, SIN110022, Scooter82, mat2, Loki, smurf.attitude, G4RB4GE , Alphabeta, who can make it to a scrim against NML on saturday, i need to know by thursday please. Mr Shifty said he can't make it but who else can or cannot? Sikici has 11 women lined up and she would like for all of them to get a turn so she's hoping for 6 vs 6. Getting some time in promod would be nice.

Thanks for posting Sikici, glad to see you on the forums. We're a pretty loose bunch over here so no worries about getting trolled.. clown

Just a note: The names mentioned above are the guys in the 4 vs 4 league, if your not interested in being in the league but wouldn't mind playing against the ladies let me know.
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:08 am

Br8kaway wrote:
Sikici has 11 women lined up and she would like for all of them to get a turn...

Oh, they'll all get a turn alright, BAM! Come on Break....that's too easy of a setup...lol cheers

Not sure if I'll be able to make it Saturday. What time is it going down? I'll try to make it but no promises.

Last edited by Scootter82 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Let me know time; we will also have another scheduled 4v4 match Sunday; probably around 1pm EST. I will confirm.
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:34 pm

The time of a would be match against NML as she stated in her last thread is 8pm UK time. If i can't get enough commitment by thursday then i'll have to tell her its a no go.

So far its just me...
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 7:05 am

I should be there
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Well alphabeta you might be there but your going to be the only one. I said i needed conformation that i could get at least 4 players by thursday and NO ONE replied except for Mr.Shifty. So its been cancelled, mabey some other time i guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 5:15 pm

Hey guys ! Don't forget tomorrow you play vs FLY 1 p.m NewYork time (8 p.m for FLY), you have the right to play on map on your server ! I think I cant be there, I'll tell Khamul to come... and you didn't show vs L_M but I still didn't give them the points, if you can schedule it I think they will be pleased to play Smile
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 5:22 pm

Sunday Feb 19th we have a match scheduled against FLY (a Polish team) at 1PM EST/10AM PST. Unfortunately I will be at work but I hope we can get 4 together for the match.

***Changed work schedule so I can be there. Hope we have a team!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:47 pm

It was fun to play against FLY,thank you for the invite alphabeta
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it guys, I took Meg away for the weekend to celebrate our first anniversary. Kind of a big deal you know? How'd the match go?
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Meh....
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:47 pm

That well huh?
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:57 am

We are getting better, but we simply need to practice together and work out strategy for certain maps so we are all on the same page. We are flying by the seat of our pants too much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ETQW For The Makron League !
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next