TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules

Go down 
+4
Scootter82
Loki.
alpha-1
Br8kaway
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Empty
PostSubject: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:49 pm

http://bullet-hell.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1049

The same ppl that plays in BH plays also in Crypt, i think is gonna be a good idea to have a unique rule about heavy vehicles.

By this moment i think the rules are:

BH - No heavys until 6on6, and desi / trojan are allowed.

Crypt - No heavys until 5on5, and desi / trojan are Not allowed.

In my opinion i think the best rule might be:

No desi / trojan until 5on5
No Anansi / torm / titan / cyclops until 6on6.

On the other hand this rule will be a pain in the ass to control.

Suggestions!!!

edit: and also i dont know how heavys used for transportation only are applied, i think this should not be allowed.
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:02 pm

I like the ideal of our clans having the same rule. Creates less confusion for some (loki).
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:09 pm

vampiroxwww wrote:

Who the what??

Desi and Trojan are always allowed.

Am I missing something?

And I believe it was (heretoafter referred to as) Sen's decree that heavies can be used for transport.
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Br8kaway wrote:
I like the ideal of our clans having the same rule. Creates less confusion for some (loki).

am confused? scratch

i like the same rules for each server idea as well...

personally i would like to see NO heavies including desi/trojan until 6vs6...
they can be used as transport vehicles only...

(reason i dont like the desi or trojan 5vs5- you ever try hacking on Slipgate with a good desi driver parked on the hill with just 5 peeps! all but impossible..
and its sure fire way to kill the server out right... seen it happen a few times.. )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Loki. wrote:

A good way Funk put it that made alot of sense to me, was a heavy was just anything that had explosive weapons on it. MGs on some of the vehicles are still a pain in the ass (esp the bumblebee), but at least it's a bit easier to get around than splash damage spam.
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:11 am

ChaoticElf wrote:
Loki. wrote:

A good way Funk put it that made alot of sense to me, was a heavy was just anything that had explosive weapons on it. MGs on some of the vehicles are still a pain in the ass (esp the bumblebee), but at least it's a bit easier to get around than splash damage spam.

i like Funk's definition- makes a lot sense..
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:49 am

alpha-1 wrote:
vampiroxwww wrote:

Who the what??

Am I missing something?

And I believe it was (heretoafter referred to as) Sen's decree that heavies can be used for transport.

i use Sen's decree all the time, it distracts people HUGH when the cyclops comes walking towards them, or the anansi for that matter. People stop playing and start yelling at me "no heavies untill 5 on 5 for fuck sake" lol

But the desi is still the BIGGEST complaint that I get, which I defend by saying "its the server rules buddy" but I'm not for it. The only decent argument I've heard is what about the mcp, but there is no shortage of rocket noobs in this game.
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:31 am

Br8kaway wrote:
The only decent argument I've heard is what about the mcp, but there is no shortage of rocket noobs in this game.

yeah i hear that.. but at the same time.. who cares about the MCP, say on refinery - its just one objective! and its usually, even with a full server a quick one..
real objective on that map along with valley and Outskirts is 'inside' ..
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:30 am

I use the anansi for transportation at 5v5 and under as well. What I want to know, can we run over people with heavies while using it for transportation? Or, say, go kamikaze style and hop out at the last minute and let it explode on the enemy? I mean, I didn't fire a weapon... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:31 am

alpha-1 wrote:
vampiroxwww wrote:

Who the what??

Am I missing something?

my mistake, well this's one of the problems on having differents opinions about a detailed situation.
Back to top Go down
OddBird

OddBird

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:14 am

If we're going for rule compatibility, go all the way; that means someone would need to change their position on in-fight-respawn.

My position would be "leave it alone". Aside from the occasional new guy or smurfing asshat, the rules work pretty well. IMO, this is a can of worms not worth opening.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:20 am

OddBird wrote:
IMO, this is a can of worms not worth opening.

Agreed. Best tread lightly lol
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:55 pm

ChaoticElf wrote:
OddBird wrote:
IMO, this is a can of worms not worth opening.

Agreed. Best tread lightly lol

i agree as well..

i think its a noble gesture on Vamps part..

but just reading some replies on ((BH))- i feel this would be impossible to implement..

to break this down for the simple minded folks (Br8kaway) - different strokes for different folks -- bounce
Back to top Go down
MekTek

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:57 pm

I disagree, I think it can be improved. I don't like heavies for transport where heavies are banned, and would prefer the limit be changed to 6X6. I would go further and say NO vehicles until 6X6, for transport or otherwise, but I understand that that's impractical and impossible to enforce. At the least, I would accept the definition of a "heavy" as a vehicle with exploding weapons. If I have to sit through another 4X4 map with Pitts sitting on top of that mountain in his Desecrator blasting the Engineers, I might snap.

So I'd vote for NO heavies until 6X6, "heavy" being defined as any vehicle with exploding weapons (Cyclops, Titan, Anansi, Tormentor, Trojan, Desecrator).
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:06 pm

MekTek wrote:
If I have to sit through another 4X4 map with Pitts sitting on top of that mountain in his Desecrator blasting the Engineers, I might snap.

Amen to that!!! (or sitting behind the slipgate for that matter)

MekTek wrote:
So I'd vote for NO heavies until 6X6, "heavy" being defined as any vehicle with exploding weapons (Cyclops, Titan, Anansi, Tormentor, Trojan, Desecrator).

+1
Back to top Go down
OddBird

OddBird

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:18 pm

MekTek wrote:

and Icarus? This would leave Strogg with only the Hog while GDF would have Husky, Armadillo and Bumblebee.

Each map has some advantages for one team or the other. Achieving universal balance across all maps would entail a good deal of hair-splitting. Thus my "good enough, game on" stance.

For the record; Hammer beats Desecrator in hills, as would rocket artillery (maybe, haven't tried it).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:18 pm

I don't think VampiroX suggested turning Crypt into BH or the other way around. He just wanted to get rid of some confusion about vehicle rules on different servers and he figured it was a good idea to try to get the same rules on the more popular servers.

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Here's my reply to the post he made on our forums.

It would be good if we could agree on the same rules about that since it would make things easier and more understandable for everyone. It's a simple as that. If we can't, ah well.

Dr. Funkenstein

[
Back to top Go down
bankonit

bankonit

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:37 pm

OddBird wrote:
MekTek wrote:

and Icarus? This would leave Strogg with only the Hog while GDF would have Husky, Armadillo and Bumblebee.

Each map has some advantages for one team or the other. Achieving universal balance across all maps would entail a good deal of hair-splitting. Thus my "good enough, game on" stance.

For the record; Hammer beats Desecrator in hills, as would rocket artillery (maybe, haven't tried it).

icarus is fine.. one ic bomb wont kill you...

husky is pure transport-

ARM has a GPMG- HOG HYper so that evens out

BB- on say valley, not factor until the 3rd objective.. and still not a factor- yeah its gpmgs are vicious in the right hands.. but you got cover-- or you can run away-- cant say the same about a vehicle with Splash Damage..(rockets!)

and a Hammer on the desi on the hill- useless against a experienced pilot- they just move away and come right back.. rocket artillery, sometimes it works.. but again a experienced pilot can dodge those to..

not arguing with ya ODD.. just stating from a different perspective is all.. which is the main problem with trying to implement such a rule across server(s)

Back to top Go down
MekTek

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:38 pm

The Icarus doesn't use a long-range rocket or missile, so I wouldn't really count that as an "exploding" weapon, even if it is technically. So Strogg would have the Icarus and Hog, and GDF would have the Husky, Armadillo and (where available) Bumblebee. With 5X6 or less, even that's too much, IMO, but I'd settle.

As for getting the Desecrator out of the hills, rocket artie won't do it as he just moves as soon as he hears the lock. The hammer sometimes does it, but he generally moves back on launch, then moves back into position after impact. Meanwhile, we spend 15 minutes trying to get the bridge built while ending up target practice instead.

I like the idea of a consistent rule across servers too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:13 pm

rocket arty - aim at ground til lock - immediately aim to the air, wait til 3-4 swirl then bring aim down on what you want to instantly die, will kill cyclops in a second with no chance to decoy. That is the pro way to use ra. :'} That will get the desy off the hill.

This PSA on better etqw use by

L-A
Back to top Go down
MekTek

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:19 pm

I love learning new things about this game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:07 pm

It would be a great idea to have the same rules for both servers,We are the only 2 servers that players play on,The heavy rule on CrYpT has been wrote in stone many moons ago.It isn't like this game just came out,people that play on bh or crypt should know the rules for each server.No matter what you do players just don't follow rules,and that is why they are not part of our clan.

Last edited by 1nsane on Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:14 am

Our server, our rules. Ours work- we did the thing long before anyone. We took shit for it and still do.

It works. Why change it? If people are confused, then maybe we should thin the herd a little more to eliminate the genetic misfires who can't read, can't comprehend, or don't listen.

Leave the rules alone. They have done well for us.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kilo

Mr.Kilo

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 10:53 am

senilityiscool2 wrote:
Our server, our rules. Ours work- we did the thing long before anyone. We took shit for it and still do.

It works. Why change it? If people are confused, then maybe we should thin the herd a little more to eliminate the genetic misfires who can't read, can't comprehend, or don't listen.

Leave the rules alone. They have done well for us.

Say No More.

We stand behind this shit 100%

Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules   Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unique BH and Crypt Heavy Rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next