TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
System restore Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
System restore Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
System restore Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
System restore Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
System restore Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

System restore

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

System restore Empty
PostSubject: System restore   System restore Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:24 pm

im trying to restore my system but the stupid piece of shit it is cant find any restore data so how can i wipe my hard drive without doing a system restore.
Back to top Go down

System restore Empty
PostSubject: Re: System restore   System restore Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:37 pm

right from scratch? you'd lose everything.

put in a windows CD, reboot, follow on screen prompt.
Back to top Go down

System restore Empty
PostSubject: Re: System restore   System restore Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:57 pm

followed the screen prompt it says there is no restore data so it wont wipe the drive what else is there to do.
Back to top Go down

System restore Empty
PostSubject: Re: System restore   System restore Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:58 pm

What OS are we talking about? and is it a full version or upgrade?
Back to top Go down

System restore Empty
PostSubject: Re: System restore   System restore Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:50 pm

its vista imnot upgrading im just wiping my harddrive of all the shit ive put on it over the llast three yers
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

System restore Empty
PostSubject: Re: System restore   System restore Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Thats a good plan after three years, but you might have an upgrade version of Windows that's tripping you up. It might be looking for a previous version of XP to "install over" I might be wrong (have been running Linux for 6 years or so here and Windows skills are rusty) but I could swear I read that the Vista upgrade edition needs to see an actual XP install before it will proceed (which is especially stupid since it just formats and installs a fresh copy of Vista) So if you have an upgrade edition of Vista, that might be your problem. If this is your problem, then there are ways to work around this, but I don't have them handy myself.
Back to top Go down

System restore Empty
PostSubject: Re: System restore   System restore Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:20 pm

it not an upgrade it came with the computer but i think i might knoow how how to do it im running spybot search and destroy malware bites avg and avast to find this bastard of a virus that is causing me these problems
Back to top Go down

System restore Empty
PostSubject: Re: System restore   System restore Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:40 am

update: had a rogue malware on the system and am currently taking it off so if all goes well i should be able to restore in the morning
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

System restore Empty
PostSubject: Re: System restore   System restore Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:16 am

next time try first turning off system restore. then reboot in safe mode.(Press F8 while booting)
run Hijack This
then for a Win XP machine run Combofix
If your internet connection is interrupted because of a virus run Winsock fix now
Install CCleaner then Malwarebytes then AVG and run them one at a time after all three are installed. First CCleaner run a full clean and registry fix
then UPDATE Malwarebytes (it has its own update tab and doesnt update on its own)
Run Malware bytes
Run AVG
If you still cant get to the internet make sure its not pointing to a proxy server in your NIC settings - If it still wont connect to the internet... Run Stinger.

This will get rid of 99.9% of Virus' tried and true

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

System restore Empty
PostSubject: Re: System restore   System restore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

System restore
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheCryptCommunity :: Off Topic :: PC Related Topics-
Jump to: