TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

Macintosh Set-Up

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alphabeta

alphabeta

Macintosh Set-Up Empty
PostSubject: Macintosh Set-Up   Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 6:19 pm

I am on a Mac Pro tower and generally happy with my set-up, but I would love to get better (after 1500 hours!). I would love to hear from others who are using Macs about their set-up, tweaks, settings so that I can maximize my potential in ETQW to actually kill Sin or Shifty occasionally. Please don't turn this topic into a Windows/Mac flame war because we all know Macs rule.
Back to top Go down

Macintosh Set-Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macintosh Set-Up   Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Mac's do not rule. their processor design is now intel, because TE didnt deliver with the demand, and the didn't rule before then. Mac's are cookie cutter computers that sell because they are white and have less cables.
they are expensive as shit, and i have yet to meet ONE person, or company, who can prove that a $3000 mac is better in any application than a $1500 "pc". You can't upgrade ram, hard drives, optical without paying an arm and a leg. Last time I checked, their "top of the line" video was 2 year old tech. They are pieces of shit. They only appeal to the people who want to have a status amongst the people who know better. They are garbage. (sorry clan member).

And I am only talking about hardware.

I have used and love 98, 200pro, xp, xp64, win7, win7 64, about 15 deifferent red hat based distros, 5 suse, and other incarnations of all of the above. so don't go on about OSX being 'cooler' since it's just a dummed down version of suse.

Mac's are not worth anything, they're a waste of money.

If you want to maximize killing sin or shifty, get a mouse that has more than one button.

sorry for being an ass hat, but macs, and mac people, piss me off.

Last edited by jmartyg on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Macintosh Set-Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macintosh Set-Up   Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 7:43 pm

I am not correcting my typos.
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

Macintosh Set-Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macintosh Set-Up   Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Don't hold back Marty it's not good for your blood pressure! LOL. This exactly what I did NOT want. I could debate you endlessly about computer and operating system virtues but that is NOT what I hoped for here.

Anyway please respond only if you are a Mac user. Smile
Back to top Go down

Macintosh Set-Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macintosh Set-Up   Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:14 pm

alphabeta wrote:
Anyway please respond only if you are a Mac user. Smile

you wont get a response. sorry, they're not much for gaming.
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

Macintosh Set-Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macintosh Set-Up   Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:24 pm

BTW my Ikari Steel Series mouse has 7 buttons. Wink So there.
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

Macintosh Set-Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macintosh Set-Up   Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Not many use macs that I know of, seen a few with linux.
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net
alphabeta

alphabeta

Macintosh Set-Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macintosh Set-Up   Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:35 pm

I know that MekTek and MCVolatile are on Macs
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

Macintosh Set-Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macintosh Set-Up   Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:58 pm

They don't post here.
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net
alpha-1

Macintosh Set-Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macintosh Set-Up   Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Cloister_the_Stupid wrote:

Yeah and let me tell you, flying the anansi by command line is a bitch...
Back to top Go down

Macintosh Set-Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macintosh Set-Up   Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:54 pm

alpha-1 wrote:
Cloister_the_Stupid wrote:

Yeah and let me tell you, flying the anansi by command line is a bitch...

KDE and Gnome have come a long way in the last few years. I remember having to run things through wine and makefiles just to get 80% the performance. Its almost PnP now. Almost.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Macintosh Set-Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macintosh Set-Up   Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 3:05 pm

I don't know of many that play on a Mac. Never been a Mac guy myself so I have no assistance for you. Not that I have a vested interest in keeping you from getting better or anything Razz
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

Macintosh Set-Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macintosh Set-Up   Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:50 pm

I second Marty, and I'm sure Spider would third it, sorry, there tryly are not many Mac users here or anywhere in the gaming community... mostly cuz if you want to upgrade, you have to get a whole new fucking computer. wtf?!?!?! Razz
Back to top Go down

Macintosh Set-Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macintosh Set-Up   Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:50 pm

i dont know if it helps for you, cant say that much. I used to play on mac to, but i had installed windows 7 same time, and i was running two softs. Well only good thing i know if you play on 7, etqw do not detects max RAM speed it takes only hafe of what u got , u just need to go to first console of game detect max RAM , Max INTEL speed and also Video card. So you can compare what u got in your apple and what games shoes , what's it running on. Then if it's not the same, add in console max what u got. and also in admin of apple increase boot up speed. It will most defiantly help you.
I don't wanna be a teacher but for my experience on mac best thing is to lover graphics , cause in game, you get on mac tops 30fps, I have on mine laptop New one 220>BIG DIFFERENCE , well get to the point once you lower your graphics performance increase, FPS might go up to 60 thats plus also need little tweaks in console to
1: Do not show player shadows
2: Do not show grass and bullet holes
3: antializing in game have to be disabled. it will increase persomence
also lower sensitivity on your mouse, EXM. i run in game 3.2 and mouse razer mamba 2100 dps shooting , and 1800 sniping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Macintosh Set-Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macintosh Set-Up   Macintosh Set-Up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Macintosh Set-Up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheCryptCommunity :: Off Topic :: PC Related Topics-
Jump to: