TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
RTCW- Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
RTCW- Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
RTCW- Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
RTCW- Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
RTCW- Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

RTCW-

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

RTCW- Empty
PostSubject: RTCW-   RTCW- Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:15 pm

jumped on good old RTCW last night, 64 man Depot map.. dam it never ended, lol.. was on for about 2 hours.. neither team could finish the last objective.. just mass mayhem and death.. fun times..

anyways-- i grabbed the Venom for shits and giggles to hold a choke point, now for those that never played RTCW- the Venoms is RTCW HyberBlaster.. BUT (and the real point of this thread), again BUT - unlike the HB.. you need some skill to yield the Venom.. the Overheat rate on that thing is Quick! real QUICK and the cool down is LONG-

With the Hyper you can sit and just spray and pray for whats seems an eternity compared to the Venom..

Seeing how SD roots started with WOLF- never could figure why they made the HB so powerful??

o well- have to admit, sure was fun playing WOLF again.. O and the server i was on, Wholly Shit was it PACKED! along with a handful of other WOLF servers-- more peeps playing WOLF last night then ETQW and BRINK combined!! Shocked

guess there aint noth'in like 'old school' gaming.. Wink
Back to top Go down

RTCW- Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTCW-   RTCW- Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:28 pm

yes the hyperblaster is overpowered compared to a venom, but then again a panzerfaust is allot stronger then an oblit or rocket launcher. u can easily make an 6 man kill with an panzerfaust if they are packed. i never saw that with an rocketlauncher or oblit.

rtcw is still a really nice game, but its quite old i would rather go back to ET then to RTCW, but thats just me

Hyd
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

RTCW- Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTCW-   RTCW- Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:38 pm

well yeah, the panzerfaust, compared to other weapons, is like a freight train versus a tricycle..

Wink

i'll give SD that, they nerfed the Oblit and RL- with regards to splash damage- but thats it.. always found it odd that an Oblit or RL can take out a radar in ONE shot- but the tank or descy, it takes two rounds??? and yet a tank can take out the tormentor with ONE shot-- go figure..

W:ET is fun, been awhile since i played it- dread the thought of re-installing it and joining a server - with all the MODS and maps out now- geez, i'll spend most the night downloading .paks!!
Back to top Go down

RTCW- Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTCW-   RTCW- Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:26 pm

RTCW wouldn't run on this pc, so i haven't played that in quite some time. nor will i be playing it in the near future.
I do have ET installed, but, ya...like Loki, i fear how much downloadin would have to be done, if i tried to join a server or 3.
They used to hate me when i played panzer! I think what we ended up doing on our server, was giving it a little gravity, much the way the rocket is in ETQW. Otherwise, wherever you aimed that thing...that's where it hit, even way across the map. tho...taking out 8 guys at once as they stood in spawn, was kinda funny! LOL
ATTAAACK!!!
Back to top Go down

RTCW- Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTCW-   RTCW- Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:45 am

yea i kinda depends on what server you want to play...
like an average etpro server wont make you download for hours.. just the mod ETPRO and some maps and thats it, rdy to play.

but if u want some fun server like with JAYMOD or NOQUARTER or something. (double jump, wierd settings, custom sounds, low gravity panzerwar, stuff like that) then youll probally will be downloading a little longer, couse u need the mod it self and all the custom sounds and custom things they added to the server.

in my opinion ET is one of the most customizable FPS games ever, u can create your own server just the way u like it with almost no limits.

i know iam advertising ET like shiit and i know this topic is called RTCW, but its just a really good game Smile

Hyd
Back to top Go down

RTCW- Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTCW-   RTCW- Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:57 am

Loki. wrote:

i'll give SD that, they nerfed the Oblit and RL- with regards to splash damage- but thats it.. always found it odd that an Oblit or RL can take out a radar in ONE shot- but the tank or descy, it takes two rounds??? and yet a tank can take out the tormentor with ONE shot-- go figure..

Each vehicle or deploy has an allocated amount of Hit points. The rocket has a little more power than tank bullet. As for the tormentor, has very few hit points (like the Anansi), which is why most of the time (not all) both were knocked down with one shot (either from rocketlauncher or tank).

The XP gained from flying is another factor, it increasing the amount of hit points. For example, in the BBA server (which stores the XP) If a player has a lot of XP in the Anansi, he almost never be downed from a single rocket impact)

Is there a config detailing the hit points of each object in the game, but I do not remember as it is called or where it is.
Back to top Go down

RTCW- Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTCW-   RTCW- Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:24 am

What is that.. happy penguin that still runs that depot server? I'd play so much more RTCW (as of now it's none, hah), but since moving from 1.3 to either 1.0 or 1.4 all I've been able to find is DM or 1 map servers. I'd kill for just normal, 24 slot stopwatch obj rotation.

I still remember the crossover to etqw. Expecting to get multi-kill RL shots, but with the change in splash damage and weird hit boxes, hardly happened x_x and to this day I still dont understand the justification behind the accuracies of some of the minigun weapons.
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

RTCW- Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTCW-   RTCW- Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Hydrium wrote:
in my opinion ET is one of the most customizable FPS games ever, u can create your own server just the way u like it with almost no limits.

i know iam advertising ET like shiit and i know this topic is called RTCW, but its just a really good game Smile
Hyd

W:ET customization wouldnt be possible, if it werent for RTCW- Smile
Hyd- did you play RTCW, just curious??
RTCW had many mods and maps, there were many customized servers.. still are, not as many as W:ET.. but RTCW is still like $20.. W:ET is free..

and advertise away man- dont care.. its all good.. W:ET is fun, i played it for a few years.. I just enjoyed/enjoy RTCW far more is all..

ChaoticElf wrote:
What is that.. happy penguin that still runs that depot server? I'd play so much more RTCW (as of now it's none, hah), but since moving from 1.3 to either 1.0 or 1.4 all I've been able to find is DM or 1 map servers. I'd kill for just normal, 24 slot stopwatch obj rotation.

its wasnt HP- man i spent many of days on that server.. lol..
when i jumped on there was around 5 active servers.. all pretty full.. which i was surprised.. in a good way.. i know KT runs various maps with the bani mod.. they rotate maps each week.. but i dont think its stopwatch.. i could be wrong.. they switch it up.. fun server regardless.. speed is increased a bit, along with rate of fire..

am still just shocked how many peeps were playing RTCW that night.. it was in the hundreds- for a game that, is what, over 10 years old.. dam!
Back to top Go down
meat_puppet

meat_puppet

RTCW- Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTCW-   RTCW- Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:44 pm

I used to play happy penguin and KT both. I had a 1.0 install and a 1.41 on my old machine. Not sure if I can find my old disc to do a install to upgrade to 1.41 anymore.
I am still using my original install of rtcw from years ago whick i burned on a dvd just keep moving it to computer to computer but it a wolf 1.0 version like the no punkbuster
Back to top Go down

RTCW- Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTCW-   RTCW- Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:11 am

Loki. wrote:

With the Hyper you can sit and just spray and pray for whats seems an eternity compared to the Venom..

Seeing how SD roots started with WOLF- never could figure why they made the HB so powerful??

RTCW wasn't a Splash Damage game, it was Gray Matter Studios (It merged with Treyarch in 04 or 05).

RTCW was an epic game though, but I actually liked ET better personally. I really loved the RTCW maps that were patched to ET too. I think RTCW had better maps for a while, but ET's got damn good after a while too.
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

RTCW- Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTCW-   RTCW- Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:47 pm

Never said RTCW was a SD game, i just mentioned SD roots are with RTCW..
They started out as modders, believe their first map for Wolf was MarketGarden
Great map btw...

My point was, they started with wolf so they were familiar with the games physics i.e. The Venom.... So i found it so odd they took the heavy (venom) from Wolf and called it the HyperBlaster. But unlike the venom, the HB has little to no cool down, very little spread and it could be argued to as accurate as a scoped assault rifle..

Pretty crazy ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RTCW- Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTCW-   RTCW- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RTCW-
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheCryptCommunity :: Quake Wars Discussions :: General Discussions-
Jump to: