TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
sometimes i really love my job Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
sometimes i really love my job Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
sometimes i really love my job Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
sometimes i really love my job Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
sometimes i really love my job Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

sometimes i really love my job

Go down 
AuthorMessage

sometimes i really love my job Empty
PostSubject: sometimes i really love my job   sometimes i really love my job Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 2:42 pm

There were 3 unused computer towers by my desk at work. I got sick of looking at them, so I asked their purpose. They are slated to be recycled. So I offer to repurpose them for my own uses.

so home they come
one's a intel duo 64 bit, 3 gigs of ddr2 dual channel ram,
the other two are p4's at 2.6 and 3 ghz.

so ram, a half decent dual core processor, and the best part.. two 400GB hdd's and one has a 16mb buffer. woot.

Gonna use the better hard drive for my gaming rig, put more ram in my media server and take the best parts to make my mother a new computer.
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: sometimes i really love my job   sometimes i really love my job Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 4:33 pm

Nice one sir!
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: sometimes i really love my job   sometimes i really love my job Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Very nicw find Marty. Same story at my work- different result. Ten desktops to be recycled. Not one worthy of keeping. All more than 9 years old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sometimes i really love my job   sometimes i really love my job Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:18 pm

I'm impressed.

I decided to format my gamer today while I added the 400GB as a file drive.

I could probably sell the unused computers for about $50 each.

i'm not going to add the RAM to my gamer.. I already have 4 gigs of high voltage, low timing 800mhz stuff, so 2 sticks of crapper RAM will give me a total of 5GB, but slow down performance enough so i wouldn't see a difference with the 4 I got now.

Off topic, is anyone into Doctor Who or Torchwood? The 4th season of Torchwood is running now, and it's a really good show.

If you want a sampler of the shows, download the Doctor Who episode titled "Blink." It doesn't follow series story arks so that makes it a great stand alone episode.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sometimes i really love my job   sometimes i really love my job Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:14 pm

I like Dr. Who and Torchwood. Missed the season opener for Torchwood so I decided to wait until it re-runs. I even have a replica sonic screwdriver and a touchy-Adipose (6" high and gooey).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sometimes i really love my job   sometimes i really love my job Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:40 pm

Nanobot wrote:
I like Dr. Who and Torchwood. Missed the season opener for Torchwood so I decided to wait until it re-runs. I even have a replica sonic screwdriver and a touchy-Adipose (6" high and gooey).

Torrent it. It's the best one so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sometimes i really love my job   sometimes i really love my job Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Snap's computer just died, so we need a mobo/cpu -- if that core2 duo is good, we'll take it. She has plenty of ram but we'll take whatever you have. We don't need the case or PS, just the mobo/cpu/ram. We'll pay shipping of course. Lemme know!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sometimes i really love my job   sometimes i really love my job Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 12:27 am

Ok gimmie a day to get the part numbers. It's all gateway and dell, so parts may not jive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sometimes i really love my job   sometimes i really love my job Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 7:12 am

Roger that! Thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sometimes i really love my job   sometimes i really love my job Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sometimes i really love my job
Page 1 of 1