TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

pre-honeymoon

Go down 
+3
Loki.
Mr_Shifty
SiN110022
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SiN110022

SiN110022

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:10 pm

i'm gonna be gone from aug 4th till 24th. taking my fiance on a little pre-honeymoon vacation. gonna do it euro-trip style, visiting london, rome, paris, berlin, amsterdam and maybe croatia. after a long discussion i was able to fit amsterdam into the trip, you know, for the cultural landmarks and stuff bounce

hopefully i can have a few hours to my self so i can sneak into a cyber cafe for some quick etqw action

oh ya, if you guys been to any of them places, don't hesitate to recommend any food joints, attractions, etc. all will be appreciated as i've never been there before
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:26 pm

Haven't been to any of those places, but you'll have to keep a log of the places you visit for the rest of us when we are asking you about them.

Should be a good time regardless. Have fun buddy.
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Jealous.. have fun.. be safe...

and no, never been to those places..
Back to top Go down

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:16 pm

I did all the tourist stuff in London- Buckingham Palace, London Tower... etc
Rome- (The Vatican of course)
Berlin was still in East Germany when I was there- I wasn't welcome for some strange reason.
Paris- anyplace at night that you can see the Eiffel Tower unobstucted. The Louvre.
Amsterdam- red light district. Oh wait. NM. Really good diamond exchange in Amsterdam, better than Antwerp.

All of the food was great.

Back to top Go down

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 pm

I've been to London many times. And Amsterdam once. To start, in Amsterdam, the Heineken Brewery tour is great.

To continue in London:
One: Go see a play. Pay top dollar to see a first run play and sit near the stage. Don't scimp as this is probably one of the few times in your life when you will get to see this. Read the listings here Official London Theatre . Personnaly I like the Little Vic theatre, this is where Ewan McGregor and Jude Law like to perform whe they do stage.
Two: I like a good wine or port, in Covent Gardens main building there is an opening to the restaurants one level below ground where the buskers like to present their skills, but at one end is a little restaurant/wine bar that has a good reputation. In summer, they have outside seating. Mid-scale prices.
Three: Covent Gardens again, there is Chez Gerard, great food, mid to upscale prices.
Four: You are young. You have to go clubbing in Picadilly there is a huge one called the Hippodrome. These clubs don't get crowded until late.
Five: take the tube, it cuts down on walking. You can buy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 14 or any days up to 30/60/365 day-passes and they are good on the light rail, tube, and busses.
Six: I like Belgrave and can recommend many restaurants, one English food place is Chives.
Seven: Go to Harrod's in Knightsbridge. Also, go to Harvey Nichols, Patsy and Edena's favourite. Eat at the restaurant on the top level (If I remember 14th floor) or in the basement.
Eight: London Eye. Sort of take it or leave it. But try to see Buckingham Palace. That reminds me a good pub is at the corner of Buckingham Gate and Victoria Street (Parliament Pub I think).
Nine: Go buy Let's Go Europe or Let's Go Paris, or Let's Go London, or any of them. Great pointers, money savers, and what to do where and when.
Ten; London does not have a tourist season, don't expect off-season bargains.

Ask any questions you want I can help you with London.
Back to top Go down
SiN110022

SiN110022

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:11 am

nice thanks sen and nano will try to hit up as many of those places as i can. unfortinatly amsterdam has been replaced by milan =/ not even the diamond exchange could change her mind oh well, gonna have to stock up on beer in berlin cheers
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 am

Whenever I go to London I always stay at the Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel
Leicester Square. It is convenient to EVERYTHING. Walking distance to the all of the touristy stuff, Piccadilly, as well as the West End Theatre district, Trafalgar Square and all the museums, and the Thames. Nanobot is right about seeing a play but you can save money by visiting the TKTS booth right outside this hotel. They have half price tickets to every West End show on the day of the performance; you can see a show every night you are there.

Fly into Heathrow and take the train from the airport in to downtown. Then cab it to the hotel. After that you can buy a "Tube" pass (if you even need it).
Back to top Go down

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:46 pm

dude eff the cyber cafe, sneak into the red light district in Amsterdam when you're away from your fiance...you know, like giving yourself a bachelor party Razz
Back to top Go down
OddBird

OddBird

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:07 pm

I've been to Amsterdam once;
Heineken Brewery - it was OK but I recall all brewing operations had been moved elsewhere by then (2003).
Food - no distinct memories of this, no gripes though. Probably because I was very, very hungry at the time.
Red Light District - tongue studs rock Exclamation

Have fun, be vigilant and congratulations on complicating your life
Back to top Go down

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:01 pm

good for you SiN
Back to top Go down

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:59 pm

Have a fun time SIN...and be safe.
Back to top Go down

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 3:46 pm

3weeks will be awesome!

Pretty much do any of the tourist stuff in any of those cities, you'll be fine.
Are you driving, or doing the train thing?
The only of those places i've been to as an adult, is Rome. I would NOT drive into or around Rome

Have Fun! Tho, pretty much goes without sayin. You'll have a great time
Back to top Go down
SiN110022

SiN110022

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:48 pm

fodder wrote:
3weeks will be awesome!

Pretty much do any of the tourist stuff in any of those cities, you'll be fine.
Are you driving, or doing the train thing?
The only of those places i've been to as an adult, is Rome. I would NOT drive into or around Rome

Have Fun! Tho, pretty much goes without sayin. You'll have a great time

i wanted to do the train thing, i love travelling on trains, one day i'm gonna do the cross canada train thing, but thats another topic. unfortinatly my girl wants to spend less time travelling, so we are flying to all the cities. my step dad is italian and he said the same thing about driving in rome, dont do it. walk everywhere and see everything.

in london i'm gonna be staying at the Wyndham hotel in chelsea harbor($200/night for a 5 star, not bad eh?) i'm all for seeing a play, as long as someone recommends something, cause i have no idea what plays are good.

i'm defiantly gonna check out the harvey nichols place, i love restaurants on roof tops, if you do too and are ever in toronto, check out "Panorama" it's literally across from my place and it's on the 53rd or the 55th floor. i wont be able to join you tho as i am life-time banned from there, good times tho! bounce
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:01 pm

Go to :
http://www.londontheatreboxoffices.com/

For play choices; I would recommend Wicked or Les Miserables in London
Back to top Go down

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 6:02 pm

I would highly recommend renting a car while in Germany.

The Autobahn ROCKS!!!
Back to top Go down

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 6:05 pm

It sounds like it's going to be an awesome three weeks S1N. I wish you and your fiance a lifetime of happiness, prosperity, and many children!
Back to top Go down

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:49 pm

congrads,be safe and have lots of fun.
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:38 pm

SiN110022 wrote:
i'm gonna be gone from aug 4th till 24th. taking my fiance on a little pre-honeymoon vacation.

Awww! Who's going to protect us from the f*&%tard$ while you're gone?

FFS, have you seen my flying?

[sigh] Fine, I guess, we'll get by. But you better make this trip worth what we're going to go through while you're gone. Lots of partying with the betrothed, and lots of doing stuff you can brag about when you're old.
Back to top Go down
bankonit

bankonit

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:00 pm

It looks like you need time away from ETQW since you scored "most deaths" for the month of July. You must be slipping ; )
Back to top Go down
OddBird

OddBird

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:55 pm

bankonit wrote:
It looks like you need time away from ETQW since you scored "most deaths" for the month of July. You must be slipping ; )

I'm calling BS, most deaths per hour played is what counts

/newb
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:37 pm

bankonit wrote:

He has most kills too. I think he's just spending whole maps running into crowds with a grenade cooking.
Back to top Go down

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 10:17 pm

alpha-1 wrote:
bankonit wrote:

He has most kills too. I think he's just spending whole maps running into crowds with a grenade cooking.

That's my trick. Well, I run into crowds of team mates. Quit blocking the door!
Back to top Go down
SiN110022

SiN110022

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:26 am

thanks alot for all the happy wishes, on my way to the airport now, cya soon!
Back to top Go down

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Be good and have a great time, shopping bro!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

pre-honeymoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-honeymoon   pre-honeymoon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pre-honeymoon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheCryptCommunity :: Quake Wars Discussions :: General Discussions-
Jump to: