TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Computer Audio Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Computer Audio Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Computer Audio Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Computer Audio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Computer Audio Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

Computer Audio

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spider.pig

spider.pig

Computer Audio Empty
PostSubject: Computer Audio   Computer Audio Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:33 am

I just made a little Frankenstein invention here out of a JL 300/2 Amplifier from my old car and a sub woofer to create a bad ass computer audio system that would rival most... I wired the amplifier to the PSU of the computer (I have a XION 800 watt PSU) I wired it to the 12 Volt rail of a molex connector for power. I used a simple switch for the remote turn on from the amplifier so the amp isnt on all the time when the computer is on, only when I want the bass on. As for the rest of the sound I just have it running through the monitor I use (Samsung 40")
what do you guys think? any sugguestions?
Back to top Go down
spider.pig

spider.pig

Computer Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Audio   Computer Audio Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:46 am

Computer Audio Img00011
Back to top Go down
spider.pig

spider.pig

Computer Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Audio   Computer Audio Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:51 am

Computer Audio Img00014
Back to top Go down
spider.pig

spider.pig

Computer Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Audio   Computer Audio Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:52 am

Computer Audio Img00015
Back to top Go down
SiN110022

SiN110022

Computer Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Audio   Computer Audio Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:58 am

that's awesome! now even your neighbors will hear when my strocket blows the shit out of your anansi cheers
Back to top Go down
spider.pig

spider.pig

Computer Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Audio   Computer Audio Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:24 am

Yes!!! or when I accidentally play dubstep at 3:30am at full blast for like 4 seconds... whoops... Smile there were casualties Im sure... no one knocked though.
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

Computer Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Audio   Computer Audio Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Sweet! I actually have a spare amp and woofer sitting around. I'll probably try this this week. I'll through up pics when I get it done.
Back to top Go down
spider.pig

spider.pig

Computer Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Audio   Computer Audio Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:50 pm

Just as a precaution I would only advise this if you have the wattage of the amp available on the PSU you are hooking this up to. I will be putting a capacitor in line between the amp and the PSU as soon as I can pick one up. This is to protect the PSU from draw spikes... your cpu wouldn't appreciate voltage drops...
Back to top Go down

Computer Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Audio   Computer Audio Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:01 pm

i've considered using car amps for guitar power amps.. but i've never found the time to wire and voice it. Good work Spidy!
Back to top Go down
spider.pig

spider.pig

Computer Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Audio   Computer Audio Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:18 pm

If you have a spare power supply for a computer you can wire a standard car amp to it as long as it has enough wattage to suport the amp ie 300watt amp = at least a 300watt PSU
If you want to wire it off the main ATX power harness (the 20/24 pin connector) twist the green wire to any black wire and use the yellow (12v+) and the thickest gauge black wire to power the amp or use these to connect to a capacitor and wire in the amp after the capacitor
Back to top Go down

Computer Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Audio   Computer Audio Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Back in the day, I used Lloyd's record players. I don't know if they were in the USA or not. either way, 2 or 4 channel, 2 band EQ, and some even had 1/4" guitar inputs. They were great machines. I still have one kicking around, It takes about 5 minutes for it to turn on. Setup right, they sounded great. We'd buy them for $25 at flea markets.

I think I still have a 4 channel car amp kicking around somewhere, and an extra 350w power supply. I must try.
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

Computer Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Audio   Computer Audio Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 12:30 am

I think I should be ok. I have a 750 watt psu and the amp is 400 i believe. I'll double check the numbers. I already have a capacitor I'll instal between the two.
Back to top Go down
spider.pig

spider.pig

Computer Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Audio   Computer Audio Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 10:43 pm

cool. I just wanted to make sure you didnt blow your PSU as soon as you hit a big bass note or something. Post pictures when you get a chance I'd love to see how it turned out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Computer Audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Audio   Computer Audio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer Audio
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheCryptCommunity :: Quake Wars Discussions :: General Discussions-
Jump to: