TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

Time to retire a name ...

Go down 
+6
meat_puppet
Loki.
SiN110022
EZErich
Br8kaway
Cloister_the_Stupid
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

Time to retire a name ... Empty
PostSubject: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:41 pm

I have decided to retire the name Cloitser from the fps world. If I decide to come back to QW it will be under a different name. Also a co-worker at work has asked me to join him in BF3, so I am going to try out that game. Hopefully I can concentrate well enough to play it and hopefully my computer can too Razz

Those who know how to contact me for certain things, be my guest.
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 7:51 pm

momma says bf3 is teh devil... mmmkay
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Farewell Cloister, you'll be missed sir! What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 9:04 pm

BF3 nice,I play BF2 and BF3 looks even better.If you come up with a new name please do share.
Take care,and hope too see you on the battle grounds someday.
Back to top Go down
EZErich

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Cloister, get your tushy back in ETQW!! BF3 is for girls...
Back to top Go down
SiN110022

SiN110022

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 9:40 pm

your retiring the name cloister from cloister_the_stupid? are you gonna be just the_stupid now?
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 10:03 pm

the_stupid works
umm havent thought of a name yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 8:45 am

Let me know if I need to waste 60 bucks on bf3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 5:02 pm

I got BF3 for xbox, 2 days after it released. Very first time launching, it needed to d/l a file, it was like 164 megs, i think. anyway, it was a significant patch right out the gate.
AND, the QUICKMATCH, or whatever it's called to just find a quick game, still isn't working right, and there are still issues within the game.
The thing isn't finished, and needs more patches. And you know "the masses" are on xbox, and that is most likely the version they would support, over the pc version. I'd say wait, and make sure they work thru the issues.
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 6:33 pm

I would hold off for now on spending 60 bucks. The game is on 2 dvd's took over and hour to install I think, had a 400+ mb patch to download as well. The UI for launching this game is horrid. It's is all browser based. You have to use the browser to launch the game whether is be single player, multi player, or co-op. If you want to switch servers you exit the game go to the browser and select. So far as I can tell there is no ping readings yet on the server browser. I can see why the specs for the game need to be high. You have to have origin running, then the browser running and any voice thing you may want to use. Thats a lot of resources running.
There is no radar to see who is who, unless someone spots and marks the enemy. So far it is difficult for me to tell who the enemy is in mp. But I have barely played the game to be really able to tell it's potential if any. Game looks great even on my system, I might need to dial it down a bit though. There is a few Directx 10 issues which I have read and seen but so far it's not too bad.

Last edited by Cloister_the_Stupid on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:36 pm

utter BS the game runs VIA a browser...
i agree the UI is a total joke...
like you, i had no clue who was friend or foe..

i played the alpha beta and the beta- IMO the graphics looks awesome, but the actual game is a POS...

i'd rather buy another copy of Brink before i spend $60 on BF3....
Back to top Go down
EZErich

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 2:25 am

and BF3 has no VOIP??!! wtf!! is this 2007 with the first version of ETQW??!! sheesh...
Back to top Go down
meat_puppet

meat_puppet

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 4:29 pm

well I been playing bf3 for a couple of hours now and gettting used to it. The server browser sucks ass big time 90% of the time you cant see the pings of the servers.
once you find a server you like you should add it to your favorites.
The best server I have found is one in Chicago called the Chicago Nude Beach. I like this server because I own it lol. I rented a server from gamerservers.com just to see how a frosbite2 server works. I like to learn new things and wanted to see what makes a frosbite2 server tick.
I ussally rent a server for the first month of any new game I buy. Normally I cancel them after the first month because they don't attract players.
I set up this server the day the game went live, and really haven't had time to play the game all last week. last week was fucked up for me someone broke into my house while I was at work, and sort of distracted me.
I went to play bf3 for the first time yesterday and found out my server has been full almost the whole first week the game has been out from what the gametracker stats say its ranked 223rd right now lol.

I don't know can I add the |CrYpT| tag to the server name? Thought I should ask before I did it.
The only problem with the server I have found is getting a availbe slot right now, but if I am on the server I can always kick for CrYpT members and friends of the clan.
I am not sure how long I am going to keep this server, but it would feel wrong to kill a server that is attracting alot of players

here is a link to the server

If you add me to your orgin friends I am meat-puppet1964 you can message me ingame and I can make a slot for anyone who wants one
The link for the Game Tracker page
Back to top Go down
slam420

slam420

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 7:12 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:57 pm

One more thing about the game. For something that is supposed to be realistic, where the hell is the lean option?!
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Go ahead and add the tag if you want. We will never force anybody to switch games or wear our tags in other games, but if you want to we can definitely get behind that. Though with the reviews I've been hearing I don't know that I will be playing the game.

Cloister, just going to have to go back to UT2K4, didn't have lean there either, but it was still fun. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 8:17 pm

In ut2k4 it wasn't really needed. In a modern combat type game, to me it is critical to be able to lean around a wall. But that's me =/
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:26 am

I certainly lean around walls doing this sort of stuff in real life (training).
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:19 pm

Cloister_the_Stupid wrote:
In ut2k4 it wasn't really needed. In a modern combat type game, to me it is critical to be able to lean around a wall. But that's me =/

another reason why RTCW was so great.. you could lean around an corner and not be seen...

why games dropped this ability is beyond me..

just another example... nothing beats old school gaming..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:24 am

Sex beats gaming.

Prioritize.
Back to top Go down
bankonit

bankonit

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:04 am

senilityiscool2 wrote:
Sex beats gaming.

Prioritize.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
EZErich

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:59 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqXpWJhsuaI

sex AND gaming...prioritize Smile hahahahahah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:49 pm

senilityiscool2 wrote:
Sex beats gaming.

Prioritize.

You clearly don't play enough Call of Duty. (Not that I do. This is the only game I play right now). Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:11 pm

CoD.. BOOOO! Don't talk about that filth on this forum!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:58 am

adolescenceiscool2 wrote:
senilityiscool2 wrote:
Sex beats gaming.

Prioritize.

You clearly don't play enough Call of Duty. (Not that I do. This is the only game I play right now). Razz

Call of Duty, isn't that exlax?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to retire a name ...   Time to retire a name ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to retire a name ...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next