TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

ASDF Cup

Go down 
+5
mat2
meat_puppet
Mr_Shifty
SiN110022
alphabeta
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
alphabeta

alphabeta

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:27 pm

Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:31 am

As discussed, I'm in for sure and will be online most of the day Sunday practicing, etc... It would be GREAT if we could set up the old server to run any custom maps so we could practice but otherwise it will be interesting to say the least. Does BH already have these maps on some server somewhere we could check out?
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:12 pm

There is currently an ASDF cup server up and running with ETQW Pro and all of the possible maps. We could practice there if we have enough people.

Once you have the maps downloaded and installed to your computer you can also practice against the computer. This will give you a feel for the layout. I was on Maridia today and found a hackable door I did not know was present.
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 6:17 pm

What custom map servers are online now so we can practice?

I'll be on all afternoon/night and a lot of tomorrow warming up... I of course have promod with the settings and what not dialed in - sort of.. Smile
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:35 am

Br8k mentioned some of the servers is called ASDF 6v6 look for it in hot pink, but is there another server? On ASDF6v6, I can't switch to or restart the custom maps w/out ppl on to call a vote either.. Sad Anyways, I'll be online most of today to warm up before 6pm EST... Smile
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:07 pm

My butt now hurts...thanks a lot....next time try to turn the noob off sin!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:40 pm

For those signed up for the 4v4 Makron Cup (starts next week); we REALLY NEED TO PRACTICE!
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:11 pm

From my experience tonight, it is clear I was outgunned, as I think most of us were... I could hit them no problem, but I was getting killed in 2-3 shots.. It's like you either have to go into a battle and move extra quick to avoid getting hit, or else learn to aim a LOT better... I just don't know what I'm doing wrong?? Admittedly I SUCK with my blaster/pistol...

Also I noticed we were running into an obj while they were staying up in the hills kind of like sniping on us.. we were just walking into their trap. I think anti-sniper is the first key to keep them at bay, then when numbers are in our favor, plant - or whatever the obj is... We need to practice these scenarios - regular gameplant on the pub servers is too much rushing in and dodging bullets, and that only gets you so far...
Back to top Go down

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:59 pm

I highly doubt you're doing anything wrong Garbage Smile Like you mentioned before, it's alot different than the pub idea of trying to rush in and get those fast plants without people noticing. Not to mention the whole changeup of pattern spread from pub to promod.

G4RB4G3 wrote:
Also I noticed we were running into an obj while they were staying up in the hills kind of like sniping on us.. we were just walking into their trap.

This is a common thing I've noticed playing in some of the Euro matches (4v4). Alot of the defensive strats I've seen involve very little 1v1, and seem to focus around strategic points that allows the offense to engage, and gives another person on defense the chance to 2v1 while they rage your back or side. Gets frustrating after a while x_x and as soon as they establish that rhythm, it's more difficult to find a decent push that works without separating yourself for those easy 2v1 pickoffs.
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks for the reassurance Elf.. Smile

If we are going to do this - seriously - I think we ought to do periodic (weekly?) scrimmages internally against ourselves - maybe 4v4 - where we can practice some of these techniques - small team zone defense, 2-man offensive teams, etc...

Who is up for it??
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm in, if i'm not needed for 4 vs 4 then i'll gladly be the opposition to help out. Yesterday was an eye opener to me on the level of game play you get from promod. It was fun but i started getting frustrated lol. I couldn't kill xtort no matter what lol.

What i got out of yesterdays game was the real need to stick with a buddy which Mr.Shifty told us to do, i was just as guilty as some of the other guys going solo Embarassed

I think i would have done much better if i hadn't of just run in guns a blazing (and getting mowed down right away lol). A little patience would have gone a long way probably.

As a team we picked Mr.Shifty to tell us what class to be and he gave us objectives within the game (that was a good idea, thanks for the organization shifty), yet after things were decided 2 minutes in everone was running around doing other things. An example would be meat puppet and i were supposed to get their forward and hold it, but when i got there (eventually) there were 3 other teammates there and i don't think meat puppet was one of them. I guess thats where some practice time would really help get everyone on the same page.

I still had fun playing with my fellow Crypt members, its fun to see a team full of Crypts vs BH, Next time we'll be more of a challange i'm sure of it. Big thanks to BH and to Alphabeta for setting things up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
meat_puppet

meat_puppet

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:25 pm

yeah I think Shifty said we should stop crouch and shoot, at one point BH stayed in position and was doing just that, as we rushed to our death. Running and gunning won't work I am trying to think of it as a learning experience, better than thinking we were just raped!
Back to top Go down
meat_puppet

meat_puppet

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:28 pm

G4RB4G3 wrote:
Thanks for the reassurance Elf.. Smile

If we are going to do this - seriously - I think we ought to do periodic (weekly?) scrimmages internally against ourselves - maybe 4v4 - where we can practice some of these techniques - small team zone defense, 2-man offensive teams, etc...

Who is up for it??

I can put up a promod server whenever practice is needed, but I would need a copy of the 4v4 config. I just need to know when you need it. Don't want to leave it up all the time.
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:48 pm

It seems like the smaller the team, the more you have to play like it's 1 on 1. If you die, it's over. So you need to go the extra mile on taking precautions to hide and stay alive long enough for the other team to all die and then go plant.. Smile
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:16 pm

I am totally in (as my schedule permits {lol} Spring Training is about to start!). I would be willing to ante up some $ to keep a permanent Crypt ProMod server up with some alternate maps as well. I think this would be fun, give us some new maps to play on (Maridia was a blast - I kept running the wrong way!), and improve our skills. We were Spec'ed by Diosito during the comp and he told me we had good shooters; just no tactics! Anyone in our clan who has done Promod before who could be our coach - maybe Elf?

We have a team entered in the 4v4. If you want to be added just let me know.

http://stupidoz.free.fr/ftmleague/crypt.php
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:19 pm

I'd like to be added (as a sub maybe?) to the 4V4 team... Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:36 pm

Yeah i'd like to be added please
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:17 pm

You are already on the team Br8k! Click the above link; I'll add G4RB4GE.
Back to top Go down

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:43 pm

I'd be happy to run around in promod with you guys. Don't know how many tips I can leave you guys with though haha. Alot of it is just adjusting to the flow of promod. Tactics wise I'm sure shifty has plenty of good ideas better than what I could come up with.
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:34 am

Do we know when the next match is? I'll try and be available for it.
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:01 pm

I don't have schedule yet; will let everyone know ASAP.

Br8kaway, G4RB4GE, MekTek, and I practiced last night on the ADSF Promod server. It was enlightening and afterwards Br8kaway and I went 2v2 on some regular ETQW sites. We were able to do really well because we worked on staying together and working as a team; never getting too far away so revives were easy and quick, and we could concentrate firepower to defeat stronger opponents. I will be on tonight and would love to keep working on this concept.
Back to top Go down
SiN110022

SiN110022

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:32 pm

ya sorry i had to bail last night, i would have loved to do a 3vs3, lets try another time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ASDF Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASDF Cup   ASDF Cup - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ASDF Cup
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheCryptCommunity :: Quake Wars Discussions :: General Discussions-
Jump to: