TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

Check this out,it looks interesting.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Check this out,it looks interesting. Empty
PostSubject: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:13 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:16 am

Hmm..I'll have to see if [scum] is up for it. You crypt guys interested in doing it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:57 am

I'm game. Sounds fun. I'll take the poll if we get enough members interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:10 am

The fact that GZR brought this up would keep me from wanting to participate. There is no such thing as a "fun" tournament when pipboy comes around. If it was run on a server that had server side demo's then I would think about it. And not to mention that the comp players would come out in droves and there goes any chance for fun.

Besides, we may still be a long way from where we need to be in order to compete even with some of the pub server clans. Individually, we have some phenomenal players, but as a team we may still need some time and polish.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
slam420

slam420

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:54 am

senilityiscool2 wrote:
The fact that GZR brought this up would keep me from wanting to participate. There is no such thing as a "fun" tournament when pipboy comes around. If it was run on a server that had server side demo's then I would think about it. And not to mention that the comp players would come out in droves and there goes any chance for fun.

you know, i would bet this is the answer to the 64 dollar question, aka hidden agenda. thought about entering this too, will prolly sit back and see who enters first. im expecting an ASSLOAD of smurfs.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:49 am

I'm up for it if you guys are. I mean yeah, we might get our asses handed to us, but it's a chance to just play together. I mean how in the world would we ever get better as a team if we never play as one? So we get stomped by a bunch of comp stars and pub stars and smurfs. Oh well. I mean it IS just a video game. It was just food for thought to see what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:51 am

senilityiscool2 wrote:
The fact that GZR brought this up would keep me from wanting to participate. There is no such thing as a "fun" tournament when pipboy comes around.

Don't get me wrong, pipboy is a little bitch but hell chaotic kills me more than pipboy does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:43 am

I am ready to die for the |CrYpT| clan anytime (and do- twice as much as anyone else- except alpha ). But maybe we should practice? tongue
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:47 am

Haha I've been trying to get us to practice for ages! In fact I'm pretty sure I talk about it more than anybody else. Incidentally I saw that Kilo already volunteered us. Razz

Poor Alpha, just got the major call out by Sen cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:28 am

You guys ever think about putting a temporary password on the server and doing a little crypt vs crypt action now and then? I've seen clap's strategy makeup for that one map, i used to do that for my clan on rtcw. Snap a few screenshots of positions and classes, for offense and defense and maybe try them out when we got a good number of us on one side.

Also, in my old clan on RTCW, we used to have a clan vs all night weekly, where basically the whole clan played on one side and anybody else that showed up played the other. I dont know how well this would work for etqw, but if you find a good night for everybody where you can consistently get 8 guys, just pull over 1 or 2 pubbers and you should be good to go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:56 am

ChaoticElf wrote:
You guys ever think about putting a temporary password on the server and doing a little crypt vs crypt action now and then? I've seen clap's strategy makeup for that one map, i used to do that for my clan on rtcw. Snap a few screenshots of positions and classes, for offense and defense and maybe try them out when we got a good number of us on one side.

Also, in my old clan on RTCW, we used to have a clan vs all night weekly, where basically the whole clan played on one side and anybody else that showed up played the other. I dont know how well this would work for etqw, but if you find a good night for everybody where you can consistently get 8 guys, just pull over 1 or 2 pubbers and you should be good to go.

Visualizes the two guys from the Guinness Stout commercials...
"We could practice a wee bit before we jump head first into a tournament."
"Brilliant!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:32 pm

I keep seeing us as the "Bad News Bears" in all of this. Razz

I see Mr. Kilo and Pipboy are getting along nicely. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:55 pm

Mr_Shifty wrote:
I mean how in the world would we ever get better as a team if we never play as one? So we get stomped by a bunch of comp stars and pub stars and smurfs.
Nobody ever wants to put in an effort to set something up, well nobody wants to make an effort to show up. Come on I had a private sever I was paying for, did anyone ever use it for practice? No, not really. We have people in the clan that don't even make an effort to post here. So why should we expect them to show up in a practice, unless we it mandatory, which most probably can't and won't do. I wouldn't want this clan to go that way anyways, I'm here to have fun. I'm only available durring a.m. throughout week days.
If you look at member list we 9 user that never visted site, of those 9, 4 are members. If you want people to practice, they'll never know cause they dont come here to look at anything. Just sort out the member list to see when they last visted, there are 17 that have not visited since august, and 9 of them are clan members.
Yes this another one of my pointless posts, but it kinda of paints a picture as how we act as a group.
:study:
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Oh Cloister, I'm not saying like mandatory practice, I'm saying the next time we have a sizable group of us on at the same time, let's make a point of playing crypt vs. We've done it a few times and we've gotten better in those couple times, plus it was just plain fun. I like playing with you guys better than most. Obviously there are a few other guys I enjoy playing with that aren't in the clan, but you know...
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:09 pm

Wasn't saying making mandatory I'm just trying to say it's hard to organize anything cause no one wants to step up. And I'd rather not, got plenty going on. We somehow need to try.... something Razz
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:23 pm

Haha I vote that next time we have a group of 5-6 or more of us on at the same time we just play on the same team. That's easy enough right? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:42 pm

-the only reason i wouldn't be able to meet for practice if pulled off for work, but that's just an unavoidable part of paying the bills...so other than the off chance i say i'll be there then let everyone down like a huge puss and all the crypts throw rocks at me, sounds great.

(especially the crypt on one side idea...i was wishing we could do that last week, but with the players, it would've been ugly one sided, I'm sure it's different against tournament players) maybe we're not all pro...and no disrespect but i don't ever, really, ever, want quake wars to be my raison d'etre to be honest...but i think we're all pretty good for people that don't have a data jack in their skull...i'm the suckiest of the bunch and i can tell i'm breaking out of the "total noob" cocoon... maybe even past f'ing noob...depends on who you ask. but i'm alot better mostly having started playing with people that can actually be trusted to give coherent orders...one thing i noticed..alot of players seem to like the stage management, but have all the tactical acumen a box of poo. with poo on top. then fried. i trust the crypt players, "don't plant on north gate or i'll kick your ass..." message received, planting north is bad. i don't know why exactly, but i am reasonably certain it's because it's a nooby, and therefore bad, thing to do. (I do want to eventually be good enough so that i can change my name to smurf.rapist.in.houston, but a long way to go...i think it works on so many different levels...)
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:45 pm

hl_deatherage wrote:
-i trust the crypt players, "don't plant on north gate or i'll kick your ass..." message received, planting north is bad. i don't know why exactly, but i am reasonably certain it's because it's a nooby, and therefore bad, thing to do.

Planting north is bad for GDF because it give the Strogg a quick way in to defend. When only south is open than GDF has the advantage in slowing strogg reinforcements.
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Mr_Shifty wrote:
Poor Alpha, just got the major call out by Sen cheers
No he's right. Hell I brought it to his attention. He's always declared that he's died more than anyone, clear implication being that that was a Bad Thing (tm) I looked and was discouraged to see that his Kill/Death ratio was .53. Mine? .50

IOW, Sen said he sucked and I discovered I suck worse. Sad

Of course a significant contribution to that stat was my time as an Engie where I was pretty free with my suicide runs. Stats went down in a hurry then.

But still, damn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:23 pm

now i know. thanks alpha.
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Oh, and I'm in on Clan vs matches. Played on one a month or so ago and had a blast (probably because you guys kept my tender ass alive longer) And the campaign resolved 2/3 (our side) so it wasn't a blowout.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:15 pm

Yeah the guys that have been around longer than me, which at this point is senility, cloister, reinchester, and kilo that are ever even seen on a regular basis. So those 4 really, they pretty much guided me. I was lost in the sauce and now I'm not too terrible. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:30 pm

You know. I never understood why people get so upset about blowing north. Strogg have always had a quick way in directly from their spawn.
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:44 pm

Shhhhhhhh!

Only you me and Shifty know about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:52 am

alpha-1 wrote:
Shhhhhhhh!

Only you me and Shifty know about that.
dont forget me . ohhhhh thirty points i got elf. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check this out,it looks interesting.   Check this out,it looks interesting. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Check this out,it looks interesting.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next