TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
dunno how many of you read books these days.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
dunno how many of you read books these days.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
dunno how many of you read books these days.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
dunno how many of you read books these days.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
dunno how many of you read books these days.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

dunno how many of you read books these days....

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

dunno how many of you read books these days.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dunno how many of you read books these days....   dunno how many of you read books these days.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:20 pm

mind-body connection*
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: dunno how many of you read books these days....   dunno how many of you read books these days.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:19 am

When are you getting on that nobody else is on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dunno how many of you read books these days....   dunno how many of you read books these days.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:44 pm

...hmm.. let me know if any worth reading... a known good would be about the only way i can afford reading anything that direction now... too busy with tech, my work is kinda all i do these days, working through citrix certifications now. i did finish all the ian mcdonald books, they were all gold if you run across any. exception is wh40k fluff, i find space marines killing orks very relaxing. ...but i dont' get to go online much either, here or game...sucks.

my new boss (my old one and best friend here...was unceremoniously canned, adding to the workload) has a degree in biology (in addition to an MBA and MIS..),.... she said that having a biology degree actually helped because it showed analytical skills.. that may be just enough justification for me to go ahead and pursue that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dunno how many of you read books these days....   dunno how many of you read books these days.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm

my list of faves with stars next to the highly recommended

Albert Camus
Aldous Huxley
Arthur C. Clarke
Arthur Conan Doyle* (sherlock, oh yeah.)
Brian Jacques
C.S. Lewis
Carl Jung
Carl Sagan* (this dude chilled.)
Carlos Castaneda*(mind fuck, most likely fraudulent but none the less great read)
Douglas Adams* (yum)
Dr. Seuss* (i'm down with the lorax)
Frank Herbert
George Orwell
H.G. Wells
H.P. Lovecraft
Henry D. Thoreau
Issac Asimov
J.R.R. Tolkien
Kurt Vonnegut* (fantastic cynical mind)
Lewis Carroll
Lloyd Alexander
Neal Stephenson* (snowcrash, just read it.)
Neil Gaiman* (great stuff, particularly neverwhere)
Orson Scott Card
Phillip J. Farmer
Phillip K. Dick
Ray Bradbury
Richard Adams
Richard Bachman
Robert A. Heinlein
Robert Anton Wilson* (mindfuck, read the illumintus trilogy for much enjoyment.)
Robert Jordan
Stephen King* (dark tower series, then read everything else.)
Terence McKenna
Terry Pratchett* (good for a laugh.)
Tom Robbins
William Gibson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dunno how many of you read books these days....   dunno how many of you read books these days.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:32 pm

-i got an early birthday present, a nook Smile played with it all night. they don't discount w/barnes and nobles member card though (or employee card)...so that part sucks though.

i was pretty careful buying. looked at the sony ones and the kindle also.

-i have to read alot of computer books...and it's very easy to find them .pdf format online, so...if any techs out there...you'll have paid for it in about 4 books. that was my line of thinking anyway. also waaaaay more portable. very easy to use and read, has about 1G capacity (the other G they advertise is mostly used up by OS i think), but you can add more memory, SD card, and that's dirt cheap. i threw in one from an old blackberry, the extra 2G... that's a whole lot of books, but you throw .mp3's in it also. Has a simple media player, headset jack and ...believe it or...some built in speakers. the wireless connection only takes you to barnes and nobles shopping...no web surfing going to be going on, but on those days when i'm feeling too lazy to steal, does provide a good way to buy books.

-brian herbert picked up where his dad left off with the dune books, and they're great.

-ipod table is coming out in a few days also, only $500. it's pretty sick if you haven't seen it. ...
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

PostSubject: Re: dunno how many of you read books these days....   dunno how many of you read books these days.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:54 pm

yeah, the book i was holding out my judgment on turned out to be a total joke. they had alot of interesting info in there, but backed by falsified data i later found out

i got a few more books in the last couple months, i'll need to read em' and put them on here

has anyone been to

rational-skeptisicm.org it used to be richarddawkins.net

its a forum about almost all kinds of science, math, physics, astronomy, biology, anthropology, geology, genetics, sociology, pyschology, philosophy. its really fuckin awesome, i spend ALOT of time there now.
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

PostSubject: Re: dunno how many of you read books these days....   dunno how many of you read books these days.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:57 pm

noisy, thanks for the list, i had totally forgotten about pratchett, i used to read her stuff all the time.

carl sagan is like one of my heros, and i had totally forgotten about Neil Gaiman

thanks for the post Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dunno how many of you read books these days....   dunno how many of you read books these days.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:37 pm

God I have some reading to do....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dunno how many of you read books these days....   dunno how many of you read books these days.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dunno how many of you read books these days....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2