TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
|CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
|CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
|CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
|CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
|CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

|CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

|CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Empty
PostSubject: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:56 pm

ok, its up- its pretty VANILLA at the moment.. am at work, and i finally had a moment to set this up.. but not much.. i havent logged into the game yet.. kind of hoping someone can.. since i wont be home in a few hours.. see if its actually there! lol..

server Info: Gamerserver provider--

24 Players Enemy Territory: Quake Wars [68.232.165.171:27733]
2 Reserved Slots- dont really want to give out the password here- had to be numbers so the current password didnt work.. which sucks..
its NOT RANKED.. not sure how you guys have your filters setup.. but i cant see a reason to pay extra for Ranked when the global stats are gone..
its located in DALLAS, TX.. (your welcome Scootter) .. Smile
name is |CrYpT|Community Server- Dallas, TX..

if am missing anything or if aint working let me know.. i'll stay on these boards till i leave today or if you have me on steam am there for IM..

enjoy--
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 4:23 pm

WOOT!! < 10 ping here I come.

No I can die lightning quick!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:13 pm

nice! i gotta check it out.

with it being NOT ranked, that means we could, from time to time, password it and make it private for an evening, right? for various reasons, this would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:14 pm

fodder wrote:
nice! i gotta check it out.

with it being NOT ranked, that means we could, from time to time, password it and make it private for an evening, right? for various reasons, this would be cool.

ABSOLUTELY!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:56 pm

Ok, so far, my ping is not horrible. probly average about 100, but hey. not horrible.

the colors in server name gotta be fixed.

red arrows gotta go.

so far, that's all i got. was only on there with 1 other person, for a very short time.

Let's get a few peeps on there, and give her a real test run!
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:55 pm

fodder wrote:
Ok, so far, my ping is not horrible. probly average about 100, but hey. not horrible.

the colors in server name gotta be fixed.

red arrows gotta go.

so far, that's all i got. was only on there with 1 other person, for a very short time.

Let's get a few peeps on there, and give her a real test run!

yeah i fixed all that- i was at work when i got it.. had to wait till i got home..

colors have been changed... no RED arrows- just teammate ARROWS.. and so on...

if am missing any other setting.. let me know.. slowly coming back to me how run a server! lol.. like i said before, its been a long time..
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:54 pm

ok so it going pretty good... havent noticed any real bad lag.. but then again, most peeps on there has been only 4..

warm up at the moment is set for 2 peeps.. wanted to test it out..

map times are also set to 30 minutes.. keep meaning to change that.. but have to say it was kind of fun defending for a long period of time..

if possible would be cool if someone could post a MOTD on the chicago server or message regarding the additional server.. most peeps that play dont visit these boards..

peace out!
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:18 am

Hopefully I will be able to get on tonight and check it out. It's been a crazy busy last couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:01 pm

I didn't see it up last night. Is it direct connect or should it populate in the server list....come to think of it...maybe just no one was on and my filters didn't let me see it...
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:40 pm

more and likely you have your filters set to hide empty-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Every Crypt member should be adding this one to their favorites.

If, for whatever reason we wanna meet up in unranked, it should be easy to do.

Get it done, NOOBS!
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Moot point Fodder- server is generating, zero-point-zero traffic..

been on there a few nights this week for about an hour- 1 or 2 join.. but thats it..

paid for a month, already scheduled the cancellation for next month..

o well.. it was worth a try..

Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:55 pm

You picked a month that wasn't good with me. I'm busy studying all sorts of information that I have to be able to regurgitate verbatim under any circumstances. :\
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:40 pm

Mr_Shifty wrote:
You picked a month that wasn't good with me. I'm busy studying all sorts of information that I have to be able to regurgitate verbatim under any circumstances. :\

Ooooh, Meg's putting together the 'Honeydo' list, huh? Gotcha mate, we've all been there, say no more.
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:00 pm

I get just about the same ping on that Dallas server as I do the one in Chicago.
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:20 pm

Mr_Shifty wrote:

all good..

appears, the few peeps playing are set in their ways-- they choose between CrYpT and BH- and sometimes TAW --

o well.. it was worth a shot- no harm done..
Back to top Go down
bankonit

bankonit

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:29 pm

I bet since it is a non-ranked server it gets filtered out for most people. You may have had more luck with a ranked server.

I have added a note to the Chicago server letting people know about it.
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:40 pm

very true- am sure most peoples filters are set for SHOW RANKED ONLY-
just couldnt justify the extra cost for a ranked one-- was hoping it would create some traffic and peeps would like some new maps.. which we could have added to it..

o well...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:24 pm

I think you are making a rushed judgement, but...hey.
I'm not the one paying the bill.
The way I see it, to do all the fun stuff, takes time. It takes time to let the server be known. It takes time to adjust to feedback of the few meetings on the server, in its early days.

A good server is not born overnight. But like I said, I'm not paying the bill. If you can afford to keep it up, I would say keep it up. 6 months from now, we might have a couple or 3 nights a week, where people meet up there. You don't know, if you don't give it time and effort.

If you don't want to spend money for something that could take a while to wake from a sleep, no problem. I get it.

To say it wouldn't work tho, is premature.

Can we at least set a date before you cancel, to meet up there and celebrate Shifty's wedding?
I believe Shifty wanted to have the ceremony on Island map.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 6:45 am

For once- I agree completely with the foddster.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:12 pm

My god, Armageddon must be coming. Shocked

Fodder said something reasonable and intelligent that I agreed with.

Like Sen said in the other thread, maybe we can throw some of our clan saving towards this new one and keep it running for a little bit and give it a chance.

Plus we DO still need to have my wedding. In which Fodder will probably drive us all off a cliff and kill us, but at least we'll go in style.
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:25 pm

well am not really sure how long it will be up TBH- already sent the cancellation request.. but i paid for a month so it should be up for another week or so..

just no traffic- yesterday a few us were on BH, main CrYpT server was empty.. bunch decided to go to CrYpT- went straight to the Chicago one--- instinctive or just common place if you will..

just not enough traffic to warrant keeping it alive..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX   |CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|CrYpT|Server- Dallas, TX
Page 1 of 1