TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Life Gets In The Way Sometimes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Life Gets In The Way Sometimes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Life Gets In The Way Sometimes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Life Gets In The Way Sometimes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Life Gets In The Way Sometimes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

Life Gets In The Way Sometimes

Go down 
+5
Cloister_the_Stupid
OddBird
Br8kaway
Mr_Shifty
alpha-1
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Life Gets In The Way Sometimes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Gets In The Way Sometimes   Life Gets In The Way Sometimes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 6:37 am

It's what I do. This is way too important to slack off. Here is what I am facing:
1. The company I came to work for supports VW operations in the new plant here in Chattanooga. The experience level of the company when it comes to launching operations is not extensive, and their manpower bandwidth is limited.
2. Their performance to date in VW's eyes is less than stellar.
3. They have a contract that expires in December.
4. The fate of the entire operation now falls on me. I am responsible for 120 people and their jobs. I have to change perceptions, ramp up the overall experience level of the entire management team, and implement containment processes that have never been used here.
5. 70 hours a week is not going to be enough to get it all done within the target times I need to hit before the contract is up.
6. Ramp up my German and Spanish speaking to work with VW quality.

Piece of cake. I have done this dozens of times.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Life Gets In The Way Sometimes   Life Gets In The Way Sometimes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:26 am

Sounds like a handful. But that sure will look good on your resume once you finish. Wink
Back to top Go down
bankonit

bankonit

PostSubject: Re: Life Gets In The Way Sometimes   Life Gets In The Way Sometimes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 12:16 pm

It sounds like they were operating without RADAR! I'm sure you will keep it up for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Life Gets In The Way Sometimes   Life Gets In The Way Sometimes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:42 pm

bankonit wrote:
It sounds like they were operating without RADAR! I'm sure you will keep it up for them.

Typical. Someone breaks something. I have to fix it. And I get to yell at people. They pay me to do this.
Back to top Go down
bankonit

bankonit

PostSubject: Re: Life Gets In The Way Sometimes   Life Gets In The Way Sometimes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Why are you only working 70 hours a week? It sounds fun, can I work a couple of hours?
Back to top Go down
meat_puppet

meat_puppet

PostSubject: Re: Life Gets In The Way Sometimes   Life Gets In The Way Sometimes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:10 pm

ahh I remember the days of working 16 hours a day at the Ford kentucky truck plant during vechile launches. Falling asleep standing up right next to the body side respot line with a clip board in my hand because your exhausted. Having to be in a meeting every day with plant mangement and being on the hot seat because shit wasn't going smoothly. Getting rich on per diem because your so tired you can't stay awake to spend any of it. THOSE WERE THE DAYS!! Sort of glad I don't do it anymore lol. Glad to see your thriving in the plant enviroment, I no how tough it can be pleasing Body shop manager, plant manager, maintenece manager, and every one of the skill trades. Tough job but when the shit starts to run smoothly there is a lot of satisfaction in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life Gets In The Way Sometimes   Life Gets In The Way Sometimes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life Gets In The Way Sometimes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2