TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Empty
PostSubject: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:27 am

I always love to to see at the start of a map when the defensive side (Strogg or GDF) has what I perceive as a lopsided mix of classes (do we really need four Covert Ops?). I would love to hear your opinons on what a good class mix is for any given map or side. I will start with the numbers and explanations.

Here is one of my favorites:

Quarry- GDF side (10 player)

5 Engineers ( 2 APT's, 2 AVT's and 1 AIT). Plenty of bodies to disarm at the beginning of the map.
2 Medics (need the revives and crates)
1 Covert Ops (Sniper support, Radar & THIRD EYE- put the damned thing inside the building closest to the objective at the beginning, then on top of the ship or cell three when the generator is blown).
1 Field Ops (Rocket Artillery) Rocket Arty is best as it can be adjusted. The Hammer is OK (but advertised to everyone) as on offensive weapon, not a defensive weapon.
1 Soldier (Rocket Launcher or GPMG). Keeps the Tormenter from flying to the ship.

After the generator is blown...
Engineers Same number- lots of TRIP mines in the ship, prox mines at the 2nd or 3rd cell. AVT, AIT, and APT at the ship. AVT's at cells one and two. One of the engineers assigned to ship defense should keep the Titan close to the left mountain side and slam rounds into the hillside at the crash crater by cell three, and defend against the Cyclops.
Medics (same)- keep those supply crates at the ship and either cell two or three.
Field Ops should stay close to the base or cell 1- the rocket arty is handy to keep the Cyclops and Tormentors down.
Soldier should stay close to home to take out the Tormentor as it slides into drop a cell.

Anyone who can fly should use the Anansi, but should stay close to the impact crater corridor as flying too far away opens up the potential for Obliterator attacks.

Defensive tactics always allow for fall back points. Fall back from cell two is cell three and fall back from cell one is the ship. Cell three fall back means we have our backs to the wall and need to re-group at the ship and fortify remaining cells. We know that someone is always going to chase after their own objectives, but those objectives can leave the defensive posture at the above areas weakened. If you want to fly and take out deployables, go over to another server. Playing on the other side, I will often wait for the Anansi to come overhead to take it out. I need more wins than losses these days.

OK, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:02 pm

I think it's a sound strategy. Personally I think in the first stage before the generator is blown there really isn't much call for a field ops. There just isn't an opportunity to utilize any types of artillery. I'd say for the first stage make it a medic, then possibly change to a field ops once they blow it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:08 pm

Not much to say but I very much need and appreciate the insight. I sometimes hear some CrYpT's remind me what I should be doing....if they are talking. Which helps me focus on what is important at the time. There is still a lot of strategy I need to learn about this game. So forgive if I run around like a chicken with my head cut off and feel free to tell me what to do.
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:45 pm

I would probably take away an enginquere and get 2 snipers for back of the base campers. Or 2 r/l's if there isn't a good flyer. Field ops works well with rocket artie on cyclops, as sen said. Defending cell 3 as last it would be best to defend with a couple of engies and a medic. Can make a good stand there with good D. Also with the field ops, gotta think to the other 2 maps for the upgrades it can provide. For medics, if you get a second crate, put up by third or at the fence area near tower by third. With the engy, if you get 2 trip mines inside, put you third as a proxy on ramp or just in front. Hell get a few out there and when one triggers, makes a bigger boom Shocked .
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net
slam420

slam420

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:19 pm

first and foremost DEFEND the cells at quarry. if u lose the cell theres still a chance u can spawn and get to the ship quicker than the cell can. if they cant grab the cell they cant get it to the ship, most ppl just defend the ship automatically cutting out the stroggs work for them. i have spent many an hours studying particularly GDF quarry defense and i have a few ideas that me and a clanmate came up with but never had the umph to test out these strategies, and they DO involve a f-ops at the first obj and setting up a solid defense at the SECOND CELL. second cell strategies right here. lots of deployable space.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:28 pm

I think we should set aside some time and play with this map a little... Get some folks together who don't mind restarts and stuff like that to see what we can come up with for different scenarios.
Back to top Go down
slam420

slam420

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:35 pm

count me in, imo its the most imbalanced map to play as gdf defense, therefore presents one HELL of a challnege. i have a somewhat guided "ruotine" for active f-ops and covies for this map as well as a fops guideline for gdf defense on volcano. along with a KILLER 3rd eye spot on 1st obj quarry (hehehehe)
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:13 pm

I'm in. I'm always looking to find ways to get better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:19 am

Fot those that missed it, we actually had 10 members on at the same time this past Saturday and did a pretty good job holding on the Quarry map. Our mix was pretty close to what is discussed above and we held the map!
Back to top Go down
slam420

slam420

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:08 am

cheers

10 char
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:56 am

We did, and I agree it worked out pretty well. I want to do that again sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:10 pm

Ya it was fun, till I went to strogg to help balance out and didn't get my level 4 upgrade in field ops/ opp over the last 2 maps, was on 3rd after first. Oh well Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:57 pm

Haha sorry Cloister, you should have switched back when all the new guys came in and were on GDF.
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:59 pm

Oh well, was fun at anyways
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:22 pm

Cloister_the_Stupid wrote:
Oh well, was fun at anyways

Yeah, it was definitely fun, and I appreciate you guys letting play on your team when you did it. Was a blast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:31 pm

OK another scenario:

Salvage map, first objective:

5 engineers
2 Medics
1 Soldier (GPMG to rockem sockem)
1 Field Ops
1 Covert Ops

If the plant comes fast and the Strogg have the upper hand, the field ops should toss a Vampire which can be best described as "Danger Close" (whic means right on top of the generator). The idea is to push back the Stroggies quickly to get to the disarm. Stay back until the air strike is over, attempt the disarm, and get the deployables repaired/replaced as soon as possible. The house with open windows, the back building, and the left side seem to be key to holding the first objective. Medic work and meat shields on the generator! Mine up the approach (proximity mines on the ground) to the generator to develop kill zones (two mines going off at the same time equals an instant kill and actually quadruples the kill area of a single mine in an open area). Some of you have seen me plant the triangle in front of the generator- it ensures all front areas become kill zones even if a shield is put up.

Deployables:
APT left side by shipping containers
APT Right side in front of objective facing the generator
APT far right side facing the building and slightly toward the strogg side.
AIT back of building
AVT back side right to shoot down those pesky Icarus that seem to pop up in this map.

Mining Laser
Same mix for GDF- maybe the soldier switches to a rocket launcher for the icarus drops.
Mine up approaches (entrance areas to mining laser along the rocks) and laser steps. We know there will be tons of Violators so the deployables won't last long in front- face them toward the generator.
There should be three fire teams each with an area of responsibilty. Fire team one should take the left side, fire team two should take the right side, and fire team three should cover rear and take up slack left or right.

Any thoughts on this so far?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:05 pm

I took your idea and made it into a full-fledged detailed plan. Hope you like.
Yes, folks. I have entirely too much time on my hands. scratch

http://members.cox.net/strogg/stdstrategies.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:02 pm

the_clap wrote:
I took your idea and made it into a full-fledged detailed plan. Hope you like.
Yes, folks. I have entirely too much time on my hands. scratch

http://members.cox.net/strogg/stdstrategies.html

Outstanding work. Takes this to an entirely different level. The trip mines are awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:24 pm

Thanks! You inspired me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:03 am

Wow Clap, that was almost ridiculous how much thought and detail you put into that. I like it, if it could be put into action as you intend without people doing their own thing I think it could be pretty nasty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Very Happy Yeah, that's the problem - putting it into action. I tried Engineer No. 2 tactic last night and by the time I planted my second tripmine, Strogg had already planted. Before I could get out of the garage to disarm, Reinchester killed me (the bastard). Violators were all over the place. My APT didn't even deploy yet and by the time I got back to the generator it had already blown. Laughing
I also tried the Field Ops tactic on a later salvage map. It was going according to plan to a T. Unfortunately, noone took out the AIT. While my artillery was launching the generator was already blown. Rolling Eyes
The strategy has to have your entire team involved to be successful. But like you said, "people doing their own thing" just completely ruins the plan.
If anything, maybe players will get some helpful tips on what they can do pertaining to their class. Especially noobs who might run across my website.
The individual class strategies can be applied to other maps as well.
Hogging deployable space is one of the biggest things that pisses me off. Mad
And thanks for checking it out! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:47 pm

Yeah, I think I will be showing it to some of my friends that have just started playing to kind of give them an idea of the sort of thing they should be doing. I think you may have to wait until some night when we have the clan on one side to try something like that.

And I agree, I get so heated when people hog deployable space, makes me want to just destroy their deployable. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:53 pm

Mr_Shifty wrote:
And I agree, I get so heated when people hog deployable space, makes me want to just destroy their deployable. Sad

I've actually done that. First I'll ask them nicely to move it. If they don't? It's toast. I can be an asshole too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:55 pm

Haha I guess I need to learn to be more cold hearted, maybe "accidentally" drop artillery right there Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:11 pm

LOL Exactly! Titan, Desecrator, Hog, Trojan, Armadillo, hell I've even used aircraft to take them out.
I don't do it very often. It depends on the circumstances. If it's a radar I'll leave it alone. It depends on the deployable's significance and what's going on at the time of gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!   TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TACTICAL CORNER- Bring your ideas here!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next