TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

PunkBuster

Go down 
+5
spider.pig
alphabeta
OddBird
meat_puppet
slam420
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:03 pm

I've tried everything listed here.... and it's still not working. I can't stay in game for more than 2 minutes.

Looking for other suggestions.

thanks
Back to top Go down
meat_puppet

meat_puppet

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:12 pm

have you tried deleting or renaming your pb folder and replacing it with a copy of someone elses pb folder. that might work you would still have all the registry entries, and current files from someone who is not having pb issues.
I have a pb install from 11/5/11 if you want the pb folder I can send it to you

I uploaded my 11/5/11 pb file to Game Front here is a link to it if you want to give it a try
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:47 pm

harleyquinn wrote:
I've tried everything listed here.... and it's still not working. I can't stay in game for more than 2 minutes.

Looking for other suggestions.

thanks

What AV are you using?
Back to top Go down
spider.pig

spider.pig

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:45 pm

ok finally got it up and running using bullet hell's download... damn that was a hassle...
I got it up and running on Harley's machine first and foremost though. Thanks guys for your help.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Cool, glad it is worked out. Was it how they posted or did you have to tweak it at all?
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:27 am

I need help desperately. Remember I am new to Windows 7 having spent most of my life on Macs. I installed a new SSD recently with a new Windows system install and ETQW game on it. Long story short I am now getting kicked every 2 minutes by PunkBuster. I went to the BH website, downloaded the files and replaced the PB file at

C:\\Program Files x(86)\iD Software\ETQW\PB

I have turned off Windows Defender and Real Time Protection. Still won't work. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:35 am

I tried installing meat-puppet's copy of PB and that didn't work either. There must be some hidden file I am not replacing????
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:29 am

They have said replacing it in C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\PunkBuster should do it.
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:53 am

Honestly, every single time I've reloaded my system, I ran into the same problems. I'd just reload the os again and it worked....weird and seemingly impractical way around the problem, but that's what worked for me.
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:19 pm

I cannot find any file named

\AppData\Local\PunkBuster

in my user profile
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:54 pm

alphabeta wrote:

in my user profile

could be wrong, since am not at my gaming PC- but you may have to 'SHOW Hidden Folders'

control panel

appearance and Personalization

Folder Option

Show Hidden Folders

in the VIEW tab -
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:30 pm

Could also be in \AppData\LocalLow or Roaming
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:51 pm

alphabeta wrote:

in my user profile

it is in: C:\Windows\SysWOW64

there are two processes called "PnkBstrA" and "PnkBstrB"

also try running ETQW as administrator

if you have Microsoft Security Essentials go to settings, then excluded files and locations, and add PnkBstrA and PnkbstrB to the list
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:53 am

Okay I got it to work. The key is (thanks Loki) that AppData is a hidden file. Once I could see that file, I placed the BH download there, and then installed MeatPuppet's file at the

C:\Program Files x(86)\iD Software\ETQW\PB

Now everything works normally. Thank you to everyone who helped this (admittedly) Windows noob.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:30 am

oh I stopped getting kicks!

I took the advice and disabled Microsoft Security Essentials - real time protection, before I join an have not been kicked since. I reactivate it after I finish playing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:11 pm

Yep. That was my problem for a long while. No issues since disabling it.
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 6:44 pm

bought a new mobo and cpu- reimaged hard drive, had this issue as well.. BH's guide worked for me..

wonder if this issue is related to ID buying the rights to ETQW from lac-O-vision..

the game is no longer on Steam as well..

read that's what happens when the rights change 'hands'.. all online sales and support for the game goes bye-bye until it's all get worked out or something..

Just glad, Q4 is finally on Steam, Bethesda bought the rights from activision a few months ago..
can finally add it to my collection.. lost my hard copy years ago..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PunkBuster   punkbuster - PunkBuster - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PunkBuster
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next