TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS

Go down 
+3
OddBird
Loki.
super-viking
7 posters
AuthorMessage
super-viking

super-viking

Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Empty
PostSubject: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:56 am

TOP 10 REASONS TO MOVE SERVER TO TEXAS
1. Our Governor has a CHL and carries a laser sighted pistol and shoots Coyotes in Austin while jogging.
2. Super Viking had an average ping of 12ms on Dallas server.
3.Texas is bigger than Wisconsin, Illinois, New York and Minnesota combined.
4. Texas is bigger than France. If Texas was an independent country it would be the 40th largest
5.Canada citizens own approx 7 million firearms, there is a conservative estimate of 42 million firearms in Texas. How many registered firearms in Texas=ZERO we do not have to register them and there is NO LIMIT how many one person can own.
6. Dallas is 300 miles from the Ocean, No Hurricane, Typhoons, Blizzards, Earth quakes or power outages (Texas is on a separate power grid from the other states.
7. See #2
8. Texas State Capital building is the tallest Capital bldg in the US, it is even 7 feet taller than the US Capital
9.Texas has the more airports than any other state in the US and more than Canada
10. See #2 also P.S. Super-Viking owns 104 firearms.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:06 am

So..the Gulf of Mexico isn't part of the Atlantic?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:46 am

If you want to move the master server to Texas, you're posting in wrong forums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:16 am

He may be posting in the wrong forum, but I like his style. In Arizona, we also have no gun registration, plus you can carry and conceal, and don't need a permit. Love the wild, wild west. Please excuse me if I'm a little off topic for my first post, but I'm going through withdrawls, and not thinking to clearly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:30 am

I've seen hurricanes hit TX Razz

I think BH is still hosted in texas. Doesnt matter where you host it when the master server gets taken down.
Back to top Go down
super-viking

super-viking

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 pm

jmartyg wrote:
Yes Gulf of Mexico is part of the Atlantic, Dallas is still 300 miles inland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:03 pm

super-viking wrote:
jmartyg wrote:

I read that as saying Texas was 300, not Dallas. I think you edited your post.
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:41 pm

ChaoticElf wrote:
Doesnt matter where you host it when the master server gets taken down.

THIS!!!

(doesnt matter where the crypt server is, the master is on the east coast)
Back to top Go down
OddBird

OddBird

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:10 pm

jmartyg wrote:
super-viking wrote:
jmartyg wrote:

I read that as saying Texas was 300, not Dallas. I think you edited your post.

300?
This is SPARTA!
Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  This_is_sparta
Back to top Go down
SiN110022

SiN110022

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:32 pm

All i gathered from that was... YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Nemises had a ETQW server in Dallas. I don't think anyone will complain if you want to get an ETQW server started in Dallas or the LGBT Community of Denton, Texas. Sell 4 guns, that leaves you an even 100 and start a server. I will be glad to buy one from you and, unless the server is back up soon, I will only need one bullet. hanged
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Uhmmm, doesn't China own Texas?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:03 pm

No Nano, it's pretty much Mexico down here now.
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Mumbly wrote:

Except Texas has more Mexicans...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Mumbly wrote:
Nemises had a ETQW server in Dallas. I don't think anyone will complain if you want to get an ETQW server started in Dallas or the LGBT Community of Denton, Texas. Sell 4 guns, that leaves you an even 100 and start a server. I will be glad to buy one from you and, unless the server is back up soon, I will only need one bullet. hanged

So they all moved to Denton to build Peterbilt trucks. Makes total sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:42 pm

alpha-1 wrote:
Mumbly wrote:

Except Texas has more Mexicans...

Alpha-1 you are right. I better fit in. Super-Viking, change my order to two pistolas, two bandaleros, a sombrero and some mexican bagpipes. (that's Texan for leaf blower for you yankees).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:51 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Big-texas-baby-6

Texas as we know it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:17 pm

jmartyg wrote:

It's true, Texas is the nations largest exporter of both. They are ground into little patties and sold to the other 49.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:31 pm

texas is a newer data center upgrade 2 years ago with gigabit routers. I think you would have alot less lag. I run over 15 game servers from et wolf to battlefeild and cod4 and i had alot of problems with lag in the chicago and new york data centers. The pipe lines are very old and there not going to upgrade them for many more years los angeles and san diego are being upgraded as i talk about this and should be done sometime in the middle of next year.
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 6:02 pm

Los Angeles would be good. And not just because it is 7 miles from my house! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 3:23 am

^Guest makes a good point. We have a 10GB circuit running from Denver to Dallas. Move it back to Dallas!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 9:57 am

Scotter, it really just depends on how your ISP provider has their network setup. I also work for a telecommunications company, and I can tell you the OC192 ring we have through DLLSTX connects back to MMPHTN via various cities through OK, AL, MS, AR, TX and it is one of our largest UPSR rings, which isn't a good thing for latency. So it really depends on the circuits your ISP provider is using for its internet backbone/internet drain that it uses to provide services to its customers, and then ultimatly on how the provider has their internet backbone circuti provisioned.

I also have a friend that works for Zayo, and if i recall correctly from your previous posts that might be the provider your company is using for the 10Gig you are speaking of.
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:58 am

<-- Schooled, lol!

I think we use Qwest/CenturyLink, for the most part. I'm not sure what our relationship is with Zayo, that was just a report we got in for the east coast. We cover from the west coast to Dallas. But I, for one, was getting much better ping when the server was in Dallas.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 11:06 am

Scootter82 wrote:
^Guest makes a good point. We have a 10GB circuit running from Denver to Dallas. Move it back to Dallas!

Guest (aka Genhammer) states nothing that is worthy as far as I am concerned. Latency and connections to and from the source dictate everything.

Cowtipper is right again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS    Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Ten reasons to move server to TEXAS
Page 1 of 1