TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

Windows 7 for students

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Windows 7 for students Empty
PostSubject: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:40 am

Not sure if any of you are students, or even if you have any friends that are students you can take advantage:

http://windows7.digitalriver.com

You can get Windows 7 Home Premium for $29.99 as long as you have access to an email address provided by a university in the US. For anyone like me in Canada, the link is as follows:

http://windows7.digitalriver.com/store/mswpca/home?resid=S9fugQoHAj8AAE6XKw0AAAAT&rests=1256220905585

It is $39.99 for us Canucks. Also, you can get Windows 7 Professional upgrade for the same price at the following URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/student/discounts/theultimatesteal-ca/default.aspx

Not sure if this the right forum for this post, mods can move it if you think it is better suited somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 5:23 pm

What part of the east coast are ya from?
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:53 pm

Damn that's solid. I'm definitely making the move to 7 soon.
Back to top Go down
slam420

slam420

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:43 am

beware of win 7 ultimate..... i heard u can only install it once, on one computer. research before blowing 200 on it
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kilo

Mr.Kilo

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:14 am

I would like a copy of Fail 7, please.
Back to top Go down
slam420

slam420

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:22 pm

Mr.Kilo wrote:
I would like a copy of Fail 7, please.

that will be fail dollars and faily fail cents please, sir. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Quote :
beware of win 7 ultimate..... i heard u can only install it once, on one computer. research before blowing 200 on it

Yes and no. Just like all single licensing OS's you can only install it legally on a single computer. It is exactly the same as Vista and XP in that regards. For instance you are only entitled to a single install of all XP distros excluding corporate or one that has a Uni license.

This is controlled by the activation process. If you make significant hardware changes and reinstall there are times when you need to manually contact MS in order to have them allow it to go through, which has been something that they have been doing for a little while now with Vista.

I definitely find that for $40 Canadian it is a great deal.

Quote :
What part of the east coast are ya from?

I'm in Prince Edward Island right now for University, but my house is in New Brunswick.

Last edited by xxcommodusxx on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:38 pm

[quote="xxcommodusxx"]
Quote :

I'm in Prince Edward Island right now for University, but my house is in New Brunswick.

Cool, my Dad was born in PEI, last I was there was 88 Shocked Could of gone last summer but would of cost too much for 2 people from N. Idaho. Neutral
Isn't s1n from there? Not sin110001
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Quote :
Isn't s1n from there?

I don't think he is from here, but I believe that his mother lives here and he was here last year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:09 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:32 pm

I'll stick with my XP Pro 32bit for now. Forget Vista. I might get 7 2 years after they've ironed out alot of the bugs. Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:53 pm

Quote :
I'll stick with my XP Pro 32bit for now. Forget Vista.

I love my 16 Gigs of RAM way too much to go back to any 32 bit OS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:44 am

Well, if you have that much I can understand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:06 pm

Quote :
Well, if you have that much I can understand.

Mind you I would definitely prefer more options in the 64 bit OS market, but I'll take what I can get for now. Hopefully we will soon have some serious contenders from guys other then Microsoft. Right now I'm dual booting with a slackware distro but haven't made the full conversion over to Linux as I'm still having some driver/hardware issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:56 pm

xxcommodusxx wrote:
Hopefully we will soon have some serious contenders from guys other then Microsoft.

I long for the day. Has anyone experienced this "Games for Windows Live" BS? I played Fallout 3. Loved the game but had a hell of a time getting the patch to work because of Microsoft. Had to update Windows Live as well. Then I got an expansion pack for Fallout 3 and lo and behold Windows Live screwed that up. It almost became more trouble than it's worth to simply play a game. After foraging through Bethesda Softworks forum and deciphering the ridiculous amount of posts due to technical problems, I was able to get it running. Because of that fiasco I'll never buy another Bethesda Softworks game. And now I've learned that Splash Damage (our beloved ETQW developers) have teamed up with Bethesda for the upcoming game BRINK.......Ooooooh Dear! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:17 am

Quote :
I long for the day. Has anyone experienced this "Games for Windows Live" BS? I played Fallout 3. Loved the game but had a hell of a time getting the patch to work because of Microsoft. Had to update Windows Live as well. Then I got an expansion pack for Fallout 3 and lo and behold Windows Live screwed that up. It almost became more trouble than it's worth to simply play a game. After foraging through Bethesda Softworks forum and deciphering the ridiculous amount of posts due to technical problems, I was able to get it running. Because of that fiasco I'll never buy another Bethesda Softworks game. And now I've learned that Splash Damage (our beloved ETQW developers) have teamed up with Bethesda for the upcoming game BRINK.......Ooooooh Dear!

I had almost exactly the same problems with Fallout 3. Love the game, but still am unsure if the 5 or 6 hours of setup time for it and it's expansions was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:56 pm

I gave up on Fallout 3. I didn't have the patience for it. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 3:56 am

-i've been using 7 on a test bench for a while now...like it lots, even better than xp. i've a corp license for install, so only thing that prevents putting it at home is my poor machines wouldn't get to take advantages of some of most of the nicer parts without a hardware upgrade..on laptops no less. my one good/(gaming, unfortunately) machine is now a lab citrix server running virtualized 2008 server, 2003 server, and dual 2003 exchange... but no quake wars now...<sigh> thinking about installing its on this laptop, it's dual core/2G...but had to replace the buggy video card with a 256 ATI, don't know how well that would work... <sigh again>

i
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:07 pm

fallout series was/is my favorite games, until the last incarnation at least, built a computer just to play it. all the ones before were turned based tactical, esp the "fallout tactics"...really beautiful, ugly world, dark humor... they got the art right but missed most of the rest. i'm playing silent storm now.....waiting for mechwarrior.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 for students   Windows 7 for students Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 for students
Page 1 of 1