TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
windows 7? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
windows 7? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
windows 7? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
windows 7? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
windows 7? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

windows 7?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

windows 7? Empty
PostSubject: windows 7?   windows 7? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:46 am

Well, i'm happy to say that windows 7 is a lot better than vista.
It's also fairly cheap

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=45271&vpn=GFC-00599&manufacture=Microsoft
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=45275&vpn=FQC-00765&manufacture=Microsoft

My main gaming is Quake wars. It runs fine on XP.

Main meat of the Hardware is:
4gb 800mhz ddr3 duel channel.
amd 5000+ unlocked at 2.8 ghs (ram runs at 800mhz)
nvidia 260 core 216.

Right now i have a 64 bit version of XP pro, so i can use all of my ram. The OS is older now, and i'm feeling more comfortable with 7 now since we use it a lot at my work.

The question is; should I make the jump? Is it worth the money? DX 10 or 11? I really only use my gaming PC for movies and games. all my web surfing is on my laptop.
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

windows 7? Empty
PostSubject: Re: windows 7?   windows 7? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:24 pm

Didn't see this post a few days ago.. I'm on Win 7 64 bit, pretty nice, though has some quirks. Mainly the User Account Control, you just mainly have to set the .exe files on older stuff for xp compatibility. I got QW running pretty good as far as I can tell (don't play enough to tell =P ) Runs an 11 yr mmorpg EQ just fine.
As for DX 11, unless your card is DX 11 capable, which it isn't (mines a GTX 275 and isn't) and you have DX 11 games, probably very few out right now. As for DX 10, I only have 2 games that have DX 10 on them, so to me it's still a non factor. If you have the latest games then you might see more for DX 10. You would need an nVidia 400 series card for DX 11.
If your cpu is an AMD 5000+, then you wont have ddr3 ram, you need an AM3 chip for that. Being 800 mhz its ddr2.
Just my 2 cents of babble.
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net

windows 7? Empty
PostSubject: Re: windows 7?   windows 7? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:25 pm

oops, i meant ddr2. mybad. the numbers are next to eachother.

Back to top Go down

windows 7? Empty
PostSubject: Re: windows 7?   windows 7? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:10 pm

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, AMD 6400 Dual Core Black Edition OC to 3400 Mhz,16 Gb Patriot Gaming Series DDR3 PC3-12800 1600 MHz, ATI Radeon HD 5970 2GB: The World's Fastest Graphics Card,800 wt PS. I can run the hell out of ETQW's on my machine with absolutly no glitches at all. (at least none Ive encountered anyway). As Cloister said with alot of older programs you may have to download from Microsoft the Windows XP Mode program to run them. Alot of the graphics card manufacturers now have the updated drivers for windows 7. I think this is a better OS than Windows XP.
Back to top Go down

windows 7? Empty
PostSubject: Re: windows 7?   windows 7? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:07 am

running win 7 pro on pc and laptop.

...so far, like it better than xp...didn't expect that and fully expected it to be rough on memory. for the most part, almost entirely, i've had zero problems even with software i expected might be flaky, calibre for ebooks, and several different cisco apps.

the pc is a bit roided out, but even a lower end machine like my home laptop, a dell 9400 dual core w/only 2G in it...and 7 actually runs nicely on it.. i don't do gaming on the laptop, but adobe suite and dreamweaver no slower than it was before.

and like cloister said, UAC will need tweaked...got some annoying features. search and file behavior is different, and for me, a serious pain in the ass...but that's about the only complaints.

Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

windows 7? Empty
PostSubject: Re: windows 7?   windows 7? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:12 am

The only problems so far I've encounterd is sometimes while playing a game the display driver craps out but the OS recovers and I can keep going after about a 5-10 sec pause and my Photoshop 4.0 didn't work at all, well after it tried to update and I restarted comp, OS wouldn't load so it wen't back to a safe spot and worked again, can't complain too much.
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

windows 7? Empty
PostSubject: Re: windows 7?   windows 7? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

windows 7?
Page 1 of 1