TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Green Arrows Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Green Arrows Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Green Arrows Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Green Arrows Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Green Arrows Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

Green Arrows

Go down 
+4
alpha-1
SiN110022
Mr_Shifty
Br8kaway
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:38 pm

Hello, a quick question...... i was curious about why your server has green arrows above teammates. I remember a different server (which doesn't exsist anymore) and they had no arrows at all, which i thought was pretty cool, has your clan ever talked about removing them before? I could see people wanting them to limit tk's but if i have a grenade launcher in my hands green arrows or not ......sorry Shifty tongue

I know i'm not a clan member so i don't want to come across as i got a problem or anything, Crypt is one of my favorite servers to play on, just curious thats all....
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:53 pm

Haha, I try to stay as far away from you as possible when you get that thing out.

I find that more people find it enjoyable to have the friendly arrows. Less tk's of teammates in disguise in particular. It helps with tactics since it makes it easier to see where your teammates are. It can be fun every now and then to play with out them, like it can be fun to play only rocket launchers but isn't something I would want to do all the time.
Back to top Go down
SiN110022

SiN110022

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:04 am

no friendly arrows is alot of fun, when all the noobs are on the other team... but when their on your team... and especialy when your in desguise... oh fuck...

But i still support the idea of no green arrows, if some teammates decide to shoot at me, i just remmber to shoot them first next time i see them on the field Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:58 am

Lets remember the advancing age of some of us Crypties...somtimes all I can see are the green arrows Smile
Back to top Go down

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Ive always wondered how do you know a team mate is in disguise with no arrows?? Look at your radar maybe? bom
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:10 pm

You can tell from looking at their name or if they are a green arrow on the radar, but that is kind of tough to tell in a fire fight.
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:26 pm

I think no arrows is more challenging and usually enjoy it. Green arrows is an acceptable compromise. Can't stand red arrows.
Back to top Go down

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Shoot to kill. Ask questions later. That's how I find out >.>
Back to top Go down
SiN110022

SiN110022

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:03 pm

if some noob is tking because he can't tell gdf from strogg, just file complaints on him, so he gets kicked, complaints are there for that reason.
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:37 pm

their name is green if they are on your team... when you aim the name will show up either red or green, even if they are in disguise...

personally i love no arrows... but i know thats not the way most of our clan feels so i've never really pressed the issue.

I wish there was a no arrow server around. makes the game more fun imo.

however, it becomes very unfun when i get killed more often by my team than my enemies
Back to top Go down

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:39 pm

It was the Cronix server- and everyone always bitched about the tk's...
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:13 pm

In theory it is fun, but in practice I think more people end up pissed off because of it.
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:45 pm

I occasionally got pissed over a TK, and then I would tk someone...

Like I said, I like playing without arrows, but the green arrows are acceptable.
Back to top Go down
SiN110022

SiN110022

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:47 pm

maybe one day of the week could be no arrows day?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 5:04 pm

I could settle for that.
Back to top Go down

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:33 pm

I was going to suggest a trial period of a week. Either way, i'd like to play no arrows sometime.
Back to top Go down

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:00 pm

ya, in my experience, it's more of a hassle to have no arrows on a pub server.
but, the idea of one night a week, i agree with. maybe like "No Arrow Friday", or somethin.
Back to top Go down

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Well,i'll TRY not to TK...
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 2:12 pm

I loved no arrows on the Cronix server
Back to top Go down

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 4:55 pm

Its just something you get used to playing. It doesnt matter matter either way to me. Mostly it helps out the noobs so they dont piss off their teammates. I could do no arrows one day a week.
Back to top Go down
OddBird

OddBird

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:36 am

New guy chiming in:
TKs did happen on Cronix but as with most reasonable clans a fair amount of tolerance was exercised (and I needed it). Complete morons and rocket 'hos were hounded with little mercy.

No arrows forces better play, allies-only doesn't bother me, friend & foe is awful.
Back to top Go down

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 7:07 am

We will do an ALL ARROWS OFF SATURDAY today. Let me know how it goes?
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Wow, its been a long time since i played without green arrows, at first when teammates were in disguise i would shoot them then realize my error but i didn't have any tks. But it didn't take very long to expect (bender) to be in someone elses skin so i just became more aware of it. I also noticed i was more conservative when shooting a opponent just in case.

The last map i just played the guy had 7 tks, i was the only infiltrator and he only got me once so being in disguise was no problem. I didn't fly but i wonder if most of his kills came from being in the tormentor??

It was fun playing without them, thanks for doing it, it changes the game (a little bit) which any change is good (sometimes) cheers
Back to top Go down

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:52 pm

All arrows, no arrows...,doesn't really matter to me. With this game, its the people playing it that make the game great. Yesterday was a fun variation. Like Br8kaway I found myself hesitating just a little to indentify targets more carefully and like Shifty said earlier using radar to indent friend and foe a little. Nube tks were expected, especially since we seem to have a new crop of rookies on the servers (course, I had my share). The only irritation was listening to a very few people loudly and constantly complain about the no arrows and tks. But, like I said, its the people that make, or break, this game. Nice change of pace for the day.
Back to top Go down

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:31 pm

I had fun. and like the other two, very hesitant to shoot. I didn't take note of the average accuracy went up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Green Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Arrows   Green Arrows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Arrows
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next