TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

PAX East, see you next week!

Go down 
+2
Br8kaway
OddBird
6 posters
AuthorMessage

PAX East, see you next week! Empty
PostSubject: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:51 pm

Hey all I am headed to PAX East in Boston next Friday - Sunday, and with school and preparations for the trip I probably will not be on for about a week or so, but that is neither here nor there. I will however have a chance to test games that will be coming out soon. I know for a fact that I will be playing both Star Wars: The Old Republic (MMO for those who don't know) and Brink. I know both of those games have some interested parties here on the forums and I would be happy to provide feedback if it is wanted. Also, if there is another game or something that you thought looked good, let me know and I will try and check it out and play any demos where available. This is my first convention like this and I am pretty freaking stoked . I am not sure how much free time I will have outside of the show floor but if anyone is in the area or has good recommendations for places to go I would love suggestions. Enjoy tea banning someone else in my place for awhile cheers
Back to top Go down
OddBird

OddBird

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Have fun out there and let us know what you think of Brink.
By all accounts I'm a gaming lightweight/noob but Brink does have my interest.

Gondor has no king
Gondor needs no king
Back to top Go down
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 3:55 pm

LOL, i don't tea ban you, i t-bag you..nom nom nom lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:30 pm

If you see a League of Legends booth, and get your hands on a code for PAX Jax and happen to want to give it away, I'd be in your debt forever >.>

And yeah, let us know if Brink was worth the delayed releases Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Nothing can be worthy of all of this hype... even the Superbowl didn't get as much hype as Brink.

I sense hours of amazement, followed by two weeks of intrigue, followed by several days of, "Is this what I waited for a freaking year for?"

All for the low, low price of $60.00 (American).

Funny how they haven't listed the system requirements for the game yet...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:49 pm

not sure if it will interest me

Bink official game site
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 6:55 pm

I stick to my original statement, I'm so jealous that I can't freaking go. GRRR!! You bastards are going without me. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 7:26 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:41 pm

I had to check out to see WTF was PAX East,looks pretty cool StriderXYZ.Have fun!!!
I would like some feedback on Brink(unsure of the cartoon look).
LOL now I will have to find another victim to T-bag lmao

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:23 am

I will definitely have a good time there for sure!

Chaotic- I will def keep an eye out for you, I looked it up to make sure I would be getting you the right thing if I am able to procure one.

Sen- I was using T-banning to refer back to the other thread where I think Alpha threatened to do it to me lol. I've been t-baggin newbs for years now, even got Br8kaway once or twice Twisted Evil But I will for sure try and find out something about the System Requirements for Brink .Oh and if they are handing out Beta Keys for Brink I will see if I can't procure a couple

1nsane- My bad on not elaborating or at least posting a link, I actually found out about PAX Prime (The original on held in Seattle I believe) last summer so I was new to it to, well PAX at least, I've known about E3, Blizzcon, and the such for awhile. I am curious to see how they implement everything in Brink, the character and weapon customization is appealing to me and the whole Parkour aspect is intriguing. Sorry you and Br8kaway are going to have to find another newb to t-bag for a bit, but I promise I will be back soon, and may even return the favor cheers

I will have internet access pretty much 24/7 via my phone or some source of wi-fi (convention center or my buddy's mobile hot spot so feel free to add things to the list of want-to-sees over the weekend. I have a 3 day pass and have about 40 hours of convention time to work with. Luckily they have charging stations scattered throughout too.

Shifty- You had your chance, if you had not decided to go be Captain America and fly choppers and what not Bryson's ticket would be yours. All that I have to say to you good sir is MUFFIN BUTTON!!!

lol!

P.S. - Wall of text crit face

That is all
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:47 pm

What?! I got replaced with Bryson!!!?? Damn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:05 am

Please let us know if Brink can compare to Quake Wars. Im in dire need of a new FPS that is objective based ( Bored to death with capture the flag ). Im not too cool with the cartoonish characters but otherwise the game looks like it could catch my interest ( Hope it wont be like the last Wolfenstein ).
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Yea, I'm pretty interested in Brink as well. No other games have held my attention like ETQW has.
Back to top Go down
bankonit

bankonit

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Let me know if you hear anything about Pong. I think it's a couple of years old, but I'm interested in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:13 pm

bankonit wrote:
Let me know if you hear anything about Pong. I think it's a couple of years old, but I'm interested in it.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:00 pm

i'm in boston...but hearing of this late, i guess...

i'm understanding it's a sold out deal. like, you had to be a geek a long time ago, and know about up-coming shit.

I'm local, for a change, but...I'm not enuf of a geek to know about upcoming shit, so...i'm out of luck as far as gettin in.

Whatever. Nerd it up, FAGS.

This is one Noob-Fest, where a guy like me could have a field day, so...know what? look for me outside. I'll be hangin out with the other "losers" that couldn't get in....LOL

i'll be wearing my Crypt jersey, don't worry. I be representin'! !!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:14 am

Poor fodder, you mean there are no tickets available for retail, it so happens that I have an extra 3 day pass, just talked to shifty who said he would let you know, get at me and we should be able to make this work.

All- day one was great, never have I been around so much nerd in one place lol, was only able to watch TOR and Brink today as we were exploring the majority of the time and taking it all in, ill have pictures to share later. On a sadder note, actually playing TOR may be next to impossible as there is generally a 7 hour wait to play and there's other things I am looking to do. Also in the same sad spirit, it looks as if Brink is only playable in its PS3 format which is a huge let down, but I will still try it out.

Nano- as of now I haven't seen any pinball machines but I haven't been in every room, the venue is huge lol

Chaotic- league of legends looks like its being shown at the Alienware booth but I think you have to win the league of legends competition in order to get the skin, but I will double check

I'll post again with new info probably tomorrow night

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:41 am

Wow if you hook up with Fodder he will owe you big time. Maybe he would even
Un-Tea-ban you...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:53 am

I smell super-hyper bullshit when it comes to Brink...

Thanks for the update!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Thanks for checking in! It's no biggie if you couldnt get the skin code, just figured if the opportunity arose I would ask ^_^ Hope you had a fun weekend
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:12 pm

I am now home back in KY and I am sorry it took me so long to get up another post. Between panels, the show floor, the concert, and meeting some cool new people there was really only time left for eat and sleep lol.

Sadly I was able to play neither Brink or TOR, but I was able to watch demos for both games and talk to people working on both games and tried to find out what I could.

First off TOR was amazing. I spent an hour or two watching those lucky enough to get in the line early (i.e. 8am, 2 hours before the show opened, there was no less than a 7 hour wait to play the game) and was blown away by how polished the gameplay is. I am still not sure if anyone was actually able to finish the instance, every time I was watching they all wiped on the same boss fight. Graphics look amazing and the voice acting adds a completely new dimension to the game. We were able to do a Q&A with some of the writers and also got to see space combat in action and take tours of a couple planets. The space combat is linear on a rail system, but you do have freedom to move and if the video is not posted on the main website then i can post the one i took. The planets are simply phenomenal, and phenomenally large. From the discussion with the writers the gameplay portion is basically done and being tweaked in beta, but the story is still undergoing work and will require more time. All in all I will have it pre-ordered and will have to be dragged away from my computer kicking and screaming.

Brink. I have not been waiting for it as long as many of you, but I will say that I believe when it is done it will be an awesome game. As I was unable to play it was hard to determine the pace, but it seemed fairly similar to that of QW. The customization as far as character and weapon is ridiculously large. The class system should work very similar to QW with variation in class abilities of course. The demo consisted of the resistance assaulting a security base in order to rescue a prisoner. The resistance had to first place explosives and blow a door in order to get into the base all the while fighting against the security forces. Resistance had to next fight their way to a terminal in order to hack it and let out the prisoner. Finally they had to defend the prisoner all the way back out to the beginning. If the security did enough damage to the prisoner he would be stopped and would kneel down and the security could then defend it from the resistance. The climbing button was really cool and added a awesome new dimension to the game.

I am absolutely worn out at the moment so I'll try and update more later and will be happy to answer any questions.

P.S. I asked about the System Requirements, and the developers did not have them to give out so boo on them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:30 am

Nice update...

Is it me, or does anyone else think it odd that the developers of Brink do not have the system requirements STILL?
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:35 pm

senilityiscool2 wrote:
Nice update...

Is it me, or does anyone else think it odd that the developers of Brink do not have the system requirements STILL?

No, not really. Bulletstorm did not have specs till a few days before or the day of release. Or I couldn't find any till then.
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PAX East, see you next week!   PAX East, see you next week! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PAX East, see you next week!
Page 1 of 1