TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
A friendly request Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
A friendly request Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
A friendly request Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
A friendly request Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
A friendly request Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

A friendly request

Go down 
+2
harleyquinn
EZErich
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:58 am

There were a couple of Crypt players on our server today who didn't agree with a decision I made and who showed their displeasure by a vocal barrage of f*ck you's over VOIP.

I have a couple of things to say about that and I hope that you take this the way it's meant to be taken, with good intentions.

First about the issue in question, a kick vote. We relaxed the vote settings on our server, a vote is "valid" when 9 or more players vote and it will pass if the majority of those voters say "yes". The nice thing about this is that votes actually have a chance of passing but it also means that we're a bit "touchy" about people calling votes without offering an explanation (not in this case) or votes that we see as unwarranted, which definitely was the case here. If I'm on the server, I'll cancel such a vote and I will make clear to the person who called the vote, that I'm not very pleased with him.

Which brings me to my next point, we don't kick for "stupidity", we never have and we're not about to start doing that. You may not agree with that, which is your good right, but I would like to ask everyone to respect it nevertheless. It's our server, we determine the rules and we decide who's welcome to play and who isn't.

Again, this not a veiled threat or something like that, it's an explanation of how we operate and I hope that it will make you understand why I acted like I did. Which is not the same thing as agreeing with it Razz .

Take care everyone.

Dr. Funkenstein
Back to top Go down
EZErich

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:10 pm

I would like to be the first to apologize for that behavior. How terrible of them. You've always seemed pretty level headed in the past. And even if you decided to be a complete jerk and kick everyone off the server: BH is YOUR server...
I don't take your message as a threat or anything and certainly appreciate you taking the time to come here and try to explain what happened and why.

Personally, I think those |CrYpT| members should own up to their actions and apologize. But maybe that's my moral compass talking. Hopefully this behavior is an isolated incident somehow brought about by a mix of alcohol and insomnia and cold weather that caused temporary insanity...
Back to top Go down

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not really looking for an apology, it's not about that. I didn't name the people involved in my first post because I don't want to turn this into something stupid.

What I'm asking for is some respect for the way people run their own server. We run ours the way we want to and you're doing the same on yours. You've managed to keep your server alive for a very long time, that's a major feat and I have a lot of respect for that. That's not an easy thing to do.

As I said earlier, all this is written with good intentions and I hope people will respond in a similar manner.

Dr. Funkenstein
Back to top Go down

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Erich- it was me. Do not ever apologize for me. I will stay off the bh server and populate the crypt server where we continue kick dumbasses. Relaxed voting bullshit. Threaten to kick me for a stupid vote for a guy who was tking and slowing the whole team down? Fine.
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:09 pm

I wasn't playing, but I heard about when that happened.

The guy who was on the server was throwing DMC's on their own spawn. Throwing violators on their own people. And rocket tking....

I agree with Sen's and Spiders request to kick.

The response Spider got was, "we don't kick for stupidity, but we do kick for stupid votes".

I back Spider and Sen.

Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:06 pm

harleyquinn wrote:
I wasn't playing, but I heard about when that happened.

The guy who was on the server was throwing DMC's on their own spawn. Throwing violators on their own people. And rocket tking....

I agree with Sen's and Spiders request to kick.

The response Spider got was, "we don't kick for stupidity, but we do kick for stupid votes".

I back Spider and Sen.

Sweet!

if true....

always looking for a active server i can be a total fuking asshat on and ruin other players gaming and have full immunity from being kicked -

Stupidity Rules and apparently it's even, rewarded!!

rabbit

Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:32 pm

Yeah, it would appear as though on bh you can tk all you want, and if anyone votes to kick you, they'll get kicked for calling stupid votes Smile

I was in the same room when it happened. It's def true Smile

Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:27 pm

not doubting you.. i wasnt there is all..

whole thing seems odd to be honest..

BH peeps, from past experiences, never had a issue kicking AssHats..

especially Funk- he always seemed like a cool peep to me.. likes to keep the server clean and sides as even as possible..

anyways.. moving on..

peace out..
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:28 pm

I think it was serenade that had the issue. meh. doesn't matter. I don't play on bh anyway. Just kinda thought it was funny that they wanted to kick spider instead of the guy rampaging against his own team Smile
Back to top Go down

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Don't think I'll ever like how bh runs their server(s). Played there a few times and didn't really enjoy myself.

I wasn't there, but I can tell from my dad's post and his past altercations with other server admins that the rant he must have went on was pretty epic. I can kinda see how people from bh would think though. They'd rather call a reasonable vote from another clan to kick stupid than recognize their own as a regular "asshat" as Loki put it. It's stupid, but I guess that's how it works out, eh?
Back to top Go down

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:33 pm

Fun times. I have also found Funk to be level headed.

Stupidity I can see. People learning the game and all that. Intentional tking is another thing all together. Funk, you guys still kick for intentional tk right?
Back to top Go down
meat_puppet

meat_puppet

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 6:16 pm

yeah Bh has always been kind of picky about kick votes, every time they ask why the vote was called. Its bullshit what went down. Doc is pretty level headed and is a good guy, and I don't think he had the whole story when he posted. ussally I started tk'ing the guy in question just to keep him out of action as much as possible. Probably would have been kicked myself but thats just the way I roll. So far haven't been kicked from any server for tk'ing asshats. I only resort to my tk'ing ways when admins won't take care of the problem, or the noobs won't hit F1 on the kick votes, which in my opinion makes the stupid asshat fair game.
Back to top Go down

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Funk gets on my case when I build MG nests that he deems unnecessary
Back to top Go down

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks for your replies, Maestro88 and Meat_puppet.

We do kick for intentional tk's, but we don't kick for stupidity in general. There's a difference in my opinion especially in the case of newbies. But even they get kicked if they fail to see the difference between GDF and Strogg.

Just to give an example.

2011-11-10 13:03:45 : Central Nexus: |PBBHub| Welcome jang130_pl
2011-11-10 13:04:02 : jang130_pl joined the Strogg
2011-11-10 13:05:17 : !BioSnark: jang130 planted a charge on our apt
2011-11-10 13:05:46 : jang130_pl [Hyperblaster] ((bh))DrFunkenstein (<-- that's a tk)
2011-11-10 13:06:12 : ((bh))DrFunkenstein: one more time and you get kicked, jang_pl
2011-11-10 13:06:12 : jang130_pl [Hyperblaster] Grafilthy (<-- that's another tk)
2011-11-10 13:07:34 : Server: Vote Passed
2011-11-10 13:07:34 : jang130_pl Kicked from server.

That took less then 4 minutes.

The player that caused all the fuzz (Greenwoods) is a newbie as well and I'm sure he did something stupid when Spider.Pig called the kick vote, but he's okay in general and I don't like kick votes for someone like him. Everyone needs to learn the game at some point, it's not the easiest game to get the hang of and I'm sure most of us did stupid stuff when we started playing.

Dr. Funkenstein

[justify]
Back to top Go down

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:20 pm

fodder wrote:

True! And I hate you for it, but I'm expressing my opinion as a player Smile

Dr. Funkenstein
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:54 pm

You can learn the game in single player, and with bots... that's the way it should be done.

With so few servers left up to have some idiot who doesn't know what he's doing repeatedly tking you is extremely frustrating, and makes people want to quit. It will kill your server quickly.

Spider asked several times for him to quit throwing violaters and DMC's near their own base, I heard him ask... and whoever it was continued to do it.

To be a newb and do something stupid once is one thing, but to continue to be a tard after being specifically told what your doing is a degradation to your team is just being an obstinate moron.

Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:57 pm

DrFunkenstein wrote:
fodder wrote:

True! And I hate you for it, but I'm expressing my opinion as a player Smile

Dr. Funkenstein

wow that seems awfully harsh.. i mean, we all hate Fodder cause he's a total noob..

but dam, hating on the guy cause he builds mg nest's, that are part of the game..

well, that's just mean..

Laughing
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:59 pm

I could think of better things to bitch about than someone taking 20 seconds to build an MG nest.
Back to top Go down
bankonit

bankonit

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:09 am

As a CrYpT admin, I have a simple “stupid player” kick policy. Let’s say I have 2-3 noobs on my team. I try to give them VOIP instructions to help them learn the game. After about ½ the map, if they haven’t started to help, I kick 4-6 people on the opposite team to even things out. It’s important for the games to be enjoyable to me ; )
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:57 am

you kick people who are playing well, so you can keep the people who don't know what they're doing?
Back to top Go down
meat_puppet

meat_puppet

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:05 am

I think Bankonit is humor impaired sometimes. That was supposed to be a joke I think?
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:06 am

I hope so.... anyhow... I'm over this topic.... noobs suck, and i prefer them to learn somewhere that isnt a populated server.
Back to top Go down

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:08 pm

bankonit wrote:
As a CrYpT admin, I have a simple “stupid player” kick policy. Let’s say I have 2-3 noobs on my team. I try to give them VOIP instructions to help them learn the game. After about ½ the map, if they haven’t started to help, I kick 4-6 people on the opposite team to even things out. It’s important for the games to be enjoyable to me ; )

Totally funny.

I saw the humor. Some people do not understand sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:12 pm

My bad. sarcasm can often be lost without intonation of the voice.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:35 pm

senilityiscool2 wrote:
bankonit wrote:

Totally funny.

I saw the humor. Some people do not understand sarcasm.
I had a good laugh about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A friendly request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A friendly request   A friendly request Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A friendly request
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next