TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

ETQW For The Makron League !

Go down 
+7
meat_puppet
alpha-1
Mr_Shifty
Scootter82
alphabeta
Br8kaway
bankonit
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Br8kaway

Br8kaway

ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:40 pm

SIN is mia, haven't seen him for weeks.
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Right now I have Shifty, me, Breakaway and Garbage tentatively for our next competitive match against Silentbreed this Sunday at 10PM EST/7PM PST. Let's try to practice at least once before the match. I feel like we are coming up with maps and strategies on the fly too often.

Break and I worked together well when we practiced staying together in defense. Offense is where we need work. Who is what class, etc.
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:17 pm

Won't be able to make it. Working W-S second shift for the foreseeable future.
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:28 pm

We will be playing on the NML server. I will try to get the password so that we can practice the custom maps.
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:03 pm

This is our competition Sunday and they are leading our division. We will probably be Shoutcast by Inferno

Captain : Virus047, LiquidPain
Players : Ducnow, Tallen, SlugaMunky, Bo, Spring, GodCody, Pmosh, Elixir, anamorphic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:27 pm

Good luck guys
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:44 pm

Thanks 1nsane. Can we set up a match with CS4S?
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Please remember to change your |CrYpT| clan tag colors (for the match) to "all black" which is ^9 for your autoexec
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:30 pm

alphabeta wrote:
Thanks 1nsane. Can we set up a match with CS4S?
P.M'ed g.pitts and gave him a heads up,maybe we can do a trial run with you guys?
Back to top Go down
Scootter82

Scootter82

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:55 pm

alphabeta wrote:
SilentBreed can play against us Thursday or Sunday at 10PM EST. I know it is late but many of us are still playing at that time anyway. Who is available and which day do you prefer? I can play Thursday.

I'll be available on Sunday to play.
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Scootter82 wrote:
Won't be able to make it. Working W-S second shift for the foreseeable future.
Great, just bring your PC and don't forget your mouse pad. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Actually, saw your other reply, hopefully you can join us tonight!

alphabeta wrote:
This is our competition Sunday and they are leading our division. We will probably be Shoutcast by Inferno

Captain : Virus047, LiquidPain
Players : Ducnow, Tallen, SlugaMunky, Bo, Spring, GodCody, Pmosh, Elixir, anamorphic
Hmmm, I only recognize Ana, Ducnow, Tallen, and Spring. I don't think Ducnow is all that amazing but he's pretty good I suppose. I do know Ana and Spring are really good though.. Spring is not strings is it? He's even better.. I know Tallen is an old guy from The Rock or TAW or something, but not sure how rusty he is lately.. Very Happy I just hope we don't get rolled... One thing I'm sick and tired of is being beaten by teams compiled from the best players they know. They should be required to have a CLAN and a HOME SERVER and play together for so long before they can join a league as a "team".. but I digress... Let's just go out there and try to kick some ass tonight.. If we lose... at least we'll learn something (hopefully).. Smile

Did someone say 1nf3rn0 was going to be on "shoutcasting" ?? WTF does that mean exactly, like playing referee? Or helping us but just specing, not actually playing? We can learn a lot from that guy.. I really like him, esp. when he talks. He is a really down to earth guy, once you get past him fragging the crap out of you every 28 seconds... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:48 am

Shoutcast recording of the match: http://www.twitch.tv/etqwtv/b/313640590

Thanks to 1NF3RN0 for narration and great insight (learned some good pointers while watching it after playing it) and also to the mysterious Jet.Li who saved our butt several times. I wasn't there for the beginning/briefing earlier today from 1NF3RN0, but it sounded like was instructing us to do crossfiring, based on his commentary. I didn't think about this at the time, but in hindsight, I see how it helps. If we had practiced together, even once or twice, it would have helped us even more. Then again our "ringer" Jet.Li offset that quite a bit too, so who knows.. Either way, IT WAS VERY FUN, and I look forward to the next one... Smile

ps. My "funny noises in global" was laughing at Ducnow who dropped a crate ON HIMSELF, and then my quadruple "Owned" spam was there cuz I Pwn3d their top two guys back to back and then capped the spawn.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 5:50 pm

This was exceptionally fun and I feel like it is making me a much better shooter. Thanks to Shifty, Garbage and the fabulous Jet Li who really amped up our team. I would love to have a practice this week since (for once) my schedule permits it. Any night is fine; just let me know your preferences.

1nsane when do you want to play our match between CrYpT and CS4S?
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Yeah WHEN? I want to see what you guys can do against us! Let's have a scrim some night this week, I'm free erry night.. Very Happy

You guys "Can't Shoot 4 Shit"!! geek
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Would like to try and schedule our next match; when is best for you guys? I can do Wed/Thur/Fri nights or late on Saturday (after 8:30PM PST)
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:58 pm

I'm out of town Friday and Saturday night FYI.. but otherwise any night typically works, especially if its later.. 8:30pm PST works great for me... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 2:24 pm

Week nights don't work for me, unless you plan on doing it after 2 AM EST. I am still flying nights so there goes real life getting in the way again.
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Trust me I understand. I work shifts in an ER so my schedule is different every week! This Sunday I am working 8PM to 6AM! Let's try for a scrim this week and a match Sunday the 15th?
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:14 pm

OK cool, maybe another Scrim with Shifty Sunday night, too.. The more the merrier.. :] Especially want to focus on some of the tricks we're learning thus far for these smaller games..
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:54 pm

The big thing I learned from my one hour private tutorial with Inferno was positioning and crossfires. Everything in 4v4 is staying alive, using your teammates in a coordinated fashion, knowing when to abandon an objective, spawn timing (and class change respawn timing!) and how to set up crossfires. That video of our match was really eye opening in terms of tactics. And we really need a second top shooter like Shifty. Jet Li really saved our butts.
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Shifty, oh mighty master, how do we improve our accuracy?? I set my sensitivity lower and I think it helped, but I might have to go EVEN lower, and that is kind of scary.. It's already at like 2.7.. ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Sensitivity is largely a personal preference, but I feel that lower helps a bit better (although I knew a guy who played with 27 in RTCW). I think if you even wanted to go overkill, you can change the sensitivity in both the Y and X direction, but that just throws me off. One thing I always go off of is being able to cover 180 degrees in one sweep of your mouse, ie keeping your forearm stationary and solely moving your wrist. That way you're not so low so you have trouble tracking, but you're also not all over the place. Crosshair size/color/shape might also make a difference. Experiment around and see if anything works. Some things may seem unnecessary or random, but from person to person may end up making a big difference in perception. Just my 2cents.

Also, awesome game, it was really fun to watch, most definitely thought you guys were going to pull out that win! haha

Last edited by ChaoticElf on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:22 pm

OMG mine is WAY too high then!! DOH!
Back to top Go down
alphabeta

alphabeta

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:18 pm

Xibalba can scrim Thursday after 8PM EST. I am available, anyone else?
Back to top Go down
G4RB4G3

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks all, and to ChaoticElf, I think I got my sensitivity issues worked out. It only took me 2400 hours and 4.5 years, LOL!! but I am now fragging away happily, I even 0wn3d Loki a few times last night.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ETQW For The Makron League !    ETQW For The Makron League !  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ETQW For The Makron League !
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next