TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Banned List Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Banned List Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Banned List Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Banned List Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Banned List Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

Banned List

Go down 
+5
harleyquinn
Cloister_the_Stupid
alpha-1
Mr_Shifty
Pink Panther
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pink Panther

Pink Panther

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:42 pm

Having been an Admin for my previous two clans (Special Forces and SE), I carry around a Banned List and watch for these jokers whenever I play. I realise it's easily defeated with Smurf accounts, but it's served me well nonetheless.

I was talking with Senility the other day about banning Neothan (from TAW) cause he's a total douche, full of himself and doesn't play the objective (one of our Clan rules). Senility suggested I start a discussion about it, so here it is.

What do people think of compiling a Banned List together? I'd be really interested in knowing who you guys really hate and agreeing to get rid of them. I'd much rather have a clean, fun game, getting owned by great players like Sin and Mr Ben, than waste time playing with jackoffs like half of TAW and many others who take the fun out of it for the rest of us.

Pink Panther
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:07 pm

I think it is a great idea. The game is meant to be fun and some people ruin that for most others. I am all for keeping those people off our server.
Back to top Go down
alpha-1

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:46 pm

I've been satisfied with the relatively deliberative pace our ban list up to this point. I'm leery of being too free with bans to people that are just periodically irritating, ie. apple c. A lot of the assholes that can ruin a game now and then do bring something to the game on other nights and can often be dealt with with a simple kick.

Of course smurfing back on after a kick and continuing to be an asshole is just asking for a guid ban.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 5:48 pm

I'm not saying hand them out like party favors. Just have a list of people that are constant asshats and have them up for consideration for a ban after consultation amongst the group.
Back to top Go down

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 7:32 pm

Mr_Shifty wrote:
I'm not saying hand them out like party favors.

I would not be up for handing them out like party favors, either.

I propose we have a Ban Pinata! Throw all the ban suggestions into a paper mache donkey (the donkey should be wearing a hat).
Let Senility, or Cloister smash the thing. whichever names land heads up, are banned. If they land heads down, they stay, or some shit.

at any rate, I'd like to add the name "norm." to the list ;-)

LOL

Cool
Back to top Go down

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:50 pm

Now that you can get this game in a cereal box for free, GUID smurf accounts are getting more difficult to track. Old habits from the uber good comp players are hard to break and easy to notice. We have a section in the forums for this discussion, but it has been closed to most.

If anyone wishes to be included in those discussions, we can add you and we can all discuss the ban requests.

As long as you guys are playing, I don't care who we lose from the server.
Back to top Go down

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 3:09 am

Still waiting for it to pop out of my Lucky Charms Sad
Back to top Go down

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:25 am

ChaoticElf wrote:
Still waiting for it to pop out of my Lucky Charms Sad

Lucky Charms is girl food and there will be no ETQW in there(no offense harley)... Maybe a My Little Pony?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:55 am

I think that may actually be what he is hoping for. :-P
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 11:55 am

Actually, if the person is an ass, I try to get our big admins to use punkbusters web tool guid ban them, takes care of their smurfs tied to that account. As for the pro players, I might be able to look them up on pbbans and check their ip addy and see what other names might appear. Not 100 % accurate but could help. Also like I've said many times, if you want someone banned for a hack or something serious like that, tell me the exact in game name you see, plus approximate time of day. I can go into the server logs and find their guid and take care of them.
As for using a compiled list... well, I prefer doing guid ban since it takes care of all their chars tied to that account. I guess sen and I could check the list and go from there. I will have to ask him.
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:52 pm

So what would the purpose of the Ban list be? Is this a list of people that should be banned? Or alist of people who have been banned?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:58 pm

I think people that should be considered for banning.
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:45 pm

Lucky charms are girl food? I figured it was more like children food but mmkay.

Back to top Go down

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:55 pm

Only in America can some genius sit down one day and think that there is something missing in his cereal and pour a bag of marshmellows in it. Which my parents never bought because they said, "...there is too much sugar in it....and we can't afford it..." So all we ate was Wheaties and Cheerios. And that means the 'regular' Wheaties and the 'regular' Cheerios. Not Wheaties with honey or Honey Nut Cheerios. About every other week people can see me standing in the Walmart isle holding my box of Lucky Charms with a smile on my face thinking I can't wait to get home and eat my bowl of marshmellows and milk. (Even knowing that there is negative nutritional value to it). cheers With my own little defiant fist waiving at the world...
Back to top Go down

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:59 pm

I am not computer savvy enough for an opinion on a ban list. I trust you guys to make the decision on that. I just go, try to kill as much as I can and try dying as little as possible...and have fun doing it.
Back to top Go down
Pink Panther

Pink Panther

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Proposed names for the Ban List   Banned List Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:08 pm

Ok, so it seems like we all agree that bans shouldn't be handed out lightly, however it certainly seems worthwhile to put some names together and see who supports their banning, or at least further observation by Senior Staff.

So far we have...

TAW Neothan
norm.

Anyone else?

I'd like to hear what other people think of DCM H4rdc0re. After 900+h of ETQW, I've learned to recognize the odd irregularity due to server lag or whatever. In each of the last 4 matches where I've interacted with H4rdc0re, I've seen him walk and/or shoot someone through walls. When I've confronted him about it on Global, he immediately leaves the server. Seems totally shady to me. When I've asked the team about it In-Game, others have supported my findings. Has anyone here noticed this? His XP is very erratic as well, sometimes having 400+ in a match, combined with 60%+ accuracy. Then the next match he's in the lower tier, with less than 100, like he's throwing it. Players tend to stay pretty consistent unless they're hacking (or drinking).
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:09 pm

lol
Neothan? I know hes kind of an asshole, but what did he do thats ban worthy?

Back to top Go down

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:49 pm

head to head firefight with H4rdc0re, usually, but not always, results in my death. However, when I catch him by surprise (in reality, no one should, if you are that a good firefighter), then down him pretty quick. seems.. odd, but shows he's not (always) doing something he shouldn't.
When norm isn't around, he is a good team player too.

Last edited by jmartyg on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pink Panther

Pink Panther

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:53 pm

harleyquinn wrote:
lol
Neothan? I know hes kind of an asshole, but what did he do thats ban worthy?

Kindof an asshole? I have yet to see him be anything but an asshole. For me, that qualifies him right there for the toss pile. Think of how many cool people could be getting onto the server if that douche-bag wasn't taking up space!

The logic argument is that he doesn't play the objective. Crypt Clan rules state you must play the objective (and not be an asshat). Done deal for me.

Back to top Go down
slam420

slam420

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:57 pm

bust out that big fuckin ban hammer, IM LOVIN THIS!

h4rdc0re is no good (anyone in that clan really...)
Back to top Go down

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:20 pm

Personally I've never had an issue with hardcore. Plays the objs, plays with the team. I've never really noticed the shots/walking through walls issue. I'll be sure to watch for it next time I play and see if I notice the same thing.
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:23 pm

LOL I've never really played with people who are always on the offensive team. DCM clan and TAW tend to always go on the offensive. so i guess I've never noticed
Back to top Go down

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:42 pm

As for Hardcore, i dunno. He seems to just have an uncanny shot.
I usually chalk it up to, "man, that guy is an uncanny shot! "
He seems to play as a team player, tho...and as far as i've seen, plays the objective.
It's when he's with a couple other DCM buddies (dont ask me how they always get on the same team together), that the trio usually just hang together, and help each other..screw the rest of the team.

As far as Neothan, i'm not really familiar. He just blends in with the rest of TAW, i guess. I know TAW has some good guys, and some douchebags.
So, if a clan brother says he's a douchebag, good enuf for me.
I try not to play on TAW server anymore, someone always kicks me.

You all know how I feel about norm. Razz

Razz
Back to top Go down
Cloister_the_Stupid
Admin
Cloister_the_Stupid

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Hardcore as of late seems to be playing more as a team player the last few times I've seen him play. Haven't paid much attention to the other two.
Back to top Go down
https://etqwccc.forumotion.net
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:50 pm

I think h4rdcore has been taking note of all the negative press that his buddies are getting and he probably wants to continue to have servers to play on. He has done some things that have made me say wtf, but he is a good player and hasn't done it much more than some other good players i know. so until he starts being a doucher too i don't have any trouble with him being around. As for neothan, while I don't particularly enjoy playing with him, and have kicked him a time or two, i don't know that i feel strongly enough to ban him. That being said however, I wouldn't object to it if other clan members wanted him gone for good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Banned List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned List   Banned List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banned List
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next